Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

TJD was absolutely dominant in CG's 68-38 win against my old school Columbus North. TJD had 8 dunks including a Karl Malone esque dunk (hand behind the head and ball cocked back to his feet) on a fast break. He was a highlight reel tonight and finished with 24 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

TJD was absolutely dominant in CG's 68-38 win against my old school Columbus North. TJD had 8 dunks including a Karl Malone esque dunk (hand behind the head and ball cocked back to his feet) on a fast break. He was a highlight reel tonight and finished with 24 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And, I’m not liking this just because I went to Columbus East

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Already halftime in a very low scoring contest.  Center Grove  14      Greenwood   12    
Game is being streamed at:  
[/url]  

No need to watch that garbage. Hard to watch. Greenwood took them the 2OT in the county tourney by holding ball. Wouldn’t surprise me if we lose today

No need to watch that garbage. Hard to watch. Greenwood took them the 2OT in the county tourney by holding ball. Wouldn’t surprise me if we lose today

I don’t blame coaches for using it because they can, but I HATE it! Just put up a 35 second shot clock and go!

13 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I don’t blame coaches for using it because they can, but I HATE it! Just put up a 35 second shot clock and go!

Exactly......am I looking at this wrong? Isn't it 'time' to put a shot clock in high school ball. 45 sec. or 35sec. - whatever, just stop teams from completely stalling the game.

There would be more problems than benefits with a shot clock. Look at the problems they have at the college level. Now imagine all these schools having to find 1 more competent person to operate the shot clock. Many schools have a hard time finding a competent person to operate the clock, stats panel, or keeping book, especially small schools. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Center Grove ground its way to a 32-22 triumph over Greenwood.  The host Trojans (17-8) will face Franklin Central in Friday’s first semifinal.

Greenwood (9-14) came out taking a very deliberate approach in the opener, holding the ball for more than three minutes on its first possession, but it did not have the desired effect right away — turnovers on three of their first four trips helped put the Woodmen in an 8-0 hole after the opening quarter.

Gradually, though, their patience paid off. Matthew Allen provided a spark with back-to-back buckets at the start of the second, and Bryce Hoffman got to the basket for three layups, the last of which came with five seconds left in the half and cut the Trojans’ lead to 14-12.

“When you know you’ve got a team like that with the firepower they have, you don’t want to start that way,” Greenwood coach Joe Bradburn said. “But at the same time, we established the tempo that we wanted. … I was proud of our guys because they stuck to our game plan.”

Spencer Piercefield and Justin DeGraaf layups stretched Center Grove’s lead to six with 3:21 left in the third period, but the Woodmen stayed within range. After Trayce Jackson-Davis finally scored his first points of the night on an alley-oop from Piercefield with 5:09 to go in the game, T.J. Price hit a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to 24-20 at the 4:05 mark.

But that was as close as it got down the stretch. Another lob from Piercefield to Jackson-Davis with 2:08 on the clock made it a seven-point game, and Center Grove took care of business at the foul line to close it out.

Though the pace of the game may have frustrated the Trojans at times — Jackson-Davis was held scoreless for nearly 27 minutes and finished with just four points — they never lost their composure.

“I feel like we’re really prepared for almost any defense that a team throws at us, just based on what kind of teams we’ve played already,” Center Grove guard Ben Nicoson said. “Stall ball, diamond and two, stuff like that. So I feel like we have the offensive capabilities and the mindset to attack anything that teams throw at us.”

Price led all scorers with 12 for the Woodmen, including all 10 of his team’s second-half points. Piercefield and Nicoson paced the Trojans with six each.

Center Grove took a page out of Greenwood's game strategy on Tuesday evening and played stall ball for a good portion of the 4th Q and defeated Franklin Central 48 - 42.    CG will face the winner of Whiteland - Franklin tomorrow night for its sectional championship.  TJD the leading scorer for CG with 14. 

Friday night game article -

In the opener, the underdog Flashes (3-20) held their own early and led 17-14 when Eric Kolp opened the second quarter with a bucket. But the Trojans pulled ahead for good a little more than two minutes later when Spencer Piercefield hit a 3, then came up with a steal and fed Trayce Jackson-Davis for a dunk. That sequence sparked an 18-4 surge over the final 7:30 of the half that put Center Grove seemingly in control at 32-21.

Franklin Central slowed the Trojans’ momentum by scoring the first six points of the second half, however, and went into the final period trailing by just three. It was still a four-point game, 40-36, after an Alan Cox free throw with 6:55 to go, but then the Flashes inexplicably let Center Grove hold the ball for nearly four minutes before even attempting to defend.

The visitors finally chose to put Jackson-Davis on the line with 1:32 remaining, and he made both free throws. Cox responded with a 3-pointer at the other end to make it 42-39. Landin Hacker then made a pair of foul shots, and Piercefield then came up with another steal and hit two of his own to stretch the lead to seven.

Center Grove made all eight of its fourth-quarter free throws to put it away. The Trojans hit 14 of 15 overall from the line.

"They were a really tough team tonight," Hahn said, "but I think late in the game our seniors showed great poise and confidence with the ball, and we made free throws down the stretch."

Jackson-Davis led Center Grove with 14 points, while Justin DeGraaf and Piercefield finished with 12 and 10, respectively.