Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

I love this forum! By far the best, but at times I cringe at some of the most ridiculous BS that some on here spew. The absolute worst part about being an IU fan is some of the fanbase lol!

It’s also the best part about Indiana basketball and the most consistent part about it. We have always shown up and supported the team. We might ***** and moan but we show up. Look at attendance in that 6 win season, that says everything

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How's he been looking USPS?

Couldn’t make the game tonight but he has been playing good not great. He is getting double and tripled way more this year. He is making the right play passing out of the double. Has to work on his right hand. Overall this season he has been as advertised but the doubling is frustrating him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Center Grove sleepwalked its way to a loss to Lawrence Central 72 - 63.  I hope our resident mailman was at the game and he can give us his assessment.  I thought the entire CG team put forth a lackluster effort including TJD.  They didn't seem to play with any fire or enthusiasm and were repeatedly slow to get back on defense.  (Sounds familiar to many of our IU games this season doesn't it?)  TJD did finish with 27 points on 10-20 from the field.  I didn't include in the 20 his two 3/4 court heaves at the end of the 1st and 2nd quarters.  He was 7-10 on FT; 10 reb; 2 assts; 3 TO; 1 stl; 2 blks.  My scorecard tonight is even more unofficial than normal as my game stream had a lot of sputters and hiccups.  CG hosts Mooresville next Tuesday.

Indy Star indicates TJD had 14 rebounds.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Rebound Update

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

Has TJD signed?  I just looked at 247 and they have him as hard commit, not signed, and Franklin as signed.

Yes.  He signed first and announced a few weeks later.  Archie commented about him.  He couldn’t if he hadn’t signed.

1 minute ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Yes.  He signed first and announced a few weeks later.  Archie commented about him.  He couldn’t if he hadn’t signed.

Okay thanks, wonder why 247 has it listed that way?

In those down-to-the-wire games come state tournament time, style points won’t count for anything.

What will count is making winning plays when the game is on the line, and the Center Grove boys did just that on Tuesday night to hang on for a 41-38 victory over Mooresville in the West Gym.

Though it might not have been the sexiest win of the season for the Trojans (14-7), coach Zach Hahn was pleased with what he saw from his team in crunch time.

"At the end of the day, when it mattered, we got two stops, Spencer made free throws, and these are all things I haven’t seen us do in the last three or four weeks," Hahn said. "This is showing me growth, whether people believe it or not. This is growth as a program, and it’s a positive thing. 

"Anytime you can walk away with a win, it’s a positive thing."

The Trojans appeared to be taking control of the game when they went up 32-24 with 3:26 left in the third quarter on back-to-back lobs from Spencer Piercefield to Trayce Jackson-Davis. But the Pioneers (13-7) clawed their way back, eventually regaining the lead, 36-35, on a pair of Jon Eineman free throws with 6:01 to go in the game.

Ben Nicoson put Center Grove back on top with two foul shots, but Luke Fowler responded in kind at the other end with 5:19 remaining. Mooresville didn’t score again, however, and Justin DeGraaf’s go-ahead layup at the 4:50 mark held up as the winning bucket.

A Fowler jumper missed the mark with 6.4 seconds on the clock, and Piercefield then hit two free throws to make it a three-point game. Eineman’s halfcourt heave at the final buzzer came tantalizingly close but rattled around the rim and out.

Points were hard to come by for much of the night.

After inching out to an early 14-9 lead, Center Grove hit a snag offensively, making just one field goal over the final 11 and a half minutes of the half. The Pioneers weren’t able to take full advantage, going scoreless for the final 4:15 of the second quarter themselves, but the visitors still went into the locker room with a 20-19 edge.

"We got wide-open shots; we just weren’t knocking them down," said Jackson-Davis, who led the Trojans with 17 points and eight rebounds. "We hold a team under 40 points, we’re usually going to win, but our offense was just really sluggish. … We’ve just got to score the ball."

Piercefield had eight points, Nicoson seven and DeGraaf six for Center Grove. Fowler and Eineman had 16 and 12, respectively, to lead the Pioneers in defeat.

Center Grove plays at North Central on Friday.

Adam Wire - The Daily Journal

Center Grove’s boys basketball team controlled three quarters of Friday night’s Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference game at North Central, and it was more than enough to ease to a 53-34 victory over their MIC rival.

The Trojans (15-7 overall, 2-5 MIC) outscored the Panthers (5-15, 0-7) 49-18 in the first, third and fourth quarters, which easily offset North Central’s 16-4 second-quarter advantage. Center Grove held the Panthers to 7 of 40 field-goal shooting (17.5 percent) in the first, third and fourth quarters, and the Trojans shot 18 of 40 overall (45 percent).

Trayce Jackson-Davis and Spencer Piercefield handled most of the scoring for the Trojans, combining for 32 of the team’s 53 points. Jackson-Davis finished with 18 points, including 12 in the second half, along with six rebounds, five blocked shots and three assists, all of which led to 3-pointers.

Piercefield was the recipient of two of those assists. He hit three 3-pointers en route to 14 points, and also grabbed a game-high eight rebounds.

Center Grove bolted to a 17-4 first-quarter lead, but North Central’s 16-4 second-quarter edge trimmed the Trojans’ lead to 21-20 at halftime. Center Grove went scoreless for the first 6:33 of the second quarter until a Piercefield layup ended the drought.

The Trojans regained control in the third quarter, however, outscoring the Panthers 21-10 in the period. A 9-0 run midway through the period extended Center Grove’s lead to 34-23 with 3:31 left in the quarter.

Jackson-Davis did most of his scoring damage during this quarter. He scored nine of his 18 points in the period.

Justin DeGraaf added six points and Ben Greller contributed five for the Trojans, who have now won three of their last four games.

Overall, Center Grove held North Central to 25 percent field-goal shooting (13 of 52). They also outrebounded the Panthers 31-27, and North Central shot just 5 of 23 from 3-point range (21.7 percent). The Trojans hit 5 of 11 from 3-point range (45.5 percent).

Freshman guard Leland Walker led the Panthers with 13 points. No other North Central player scored more than six.

Center Grove returns to action Tuesday at Brownsburg.