Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

I know this may be unpopular but I actually think Jackson Davis will be more impactful than Morgan (and I love Morgan) in some ways from the beginning.
I am going to use an IU soccer comparison that I think fits perfectly. In 2016 IU had Tanner Thompson who like Morgan was a 3* player and one of the best ever to play as a senior but as much as he developed into stardom there were still some physical limitations he had. In 2017 enter 5* Freshman Griffin Dorsey as a replacement. While he was not as polished as Thompson there were things he could do to impact a game even as a freshman with his speed and physical gifts that Thompson could never do. This year as a sophomore Dorsey developed into arguably the second best player on the team behind Andrew Gutman.
I think things will be quite similar to what happens with Jackson Davis. He will make more mistakes than Morgan as a freshman but there will be things he can do with his talent and physical gifts Morgan cannot much like Dorsey and Romeo this year (there are just some freakish things 5* players can do that 3* cannot). Than by Jackson Davis' sophomore year if he stays a second year he will be one of the best players on team if not the best.   

Now I know what I’m getting ready to say will probably ruffle some feathers but I’m not as high on TJD as others are. I’ll just leave it at that. May be completely wrong and hopefully, I am. Maybe I need to see more of him first before I can make a fair assessment?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Now I know what I’m getting ready to say will probably ruffle some feathers but I’m not as high on TJD as others are. I’ll just leave it at that. May be completely wrong and hopefully, I am. Maybe I need to see more of him first before I can make a fair assessment?

Nothing wrong with that.  Pros and cons on virtually every topic and there should be.  You can't help it you're wrong!  (I'm just yankin' your chain)

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

I know this may be unpopular but I actually think Jackson Davis will be more impactful than Morgan (and I love Morgan) in some ways from the beginning.

I am going to use an IU soccer comparison that I think fits perfectly. In 2016 IU had Tanner Thompson who like Morgan was a 3* player and one of the best ever to play as a senior but as much as he developed into stardom there were still some physical limitations he had. In 2017 enter 5* Freshman Griffin Dorsey as a replacement. While he was not as polished as Thompson there were things he could do to impact a game even as a freshman with his speed and physical gifts that Thompson could never do. This year as a sophomore Dorsey developed into arguably the second best player on the team behind Andrew Gutman.

I think things will be quite similar to what happens with Jackson Davis. He will make more mistakes than Morgan as a freshman but there will be things he can do with his talent and physical gifts Morgan cannot much like Dorsey and Romeo this year (there are just some freakish things 5* players can do that 3* cannot). Than by Jackson Davis' sophomore year if he stays a second year he will be one of the best players on team if not the best.   

Hmmm, if you're comparing Freshman Morgan to Freshman TJD I'd agree. JW was a nice player as a FR, but was hurt and not very dynamic. I expect much more from TJD,'s first season , but SR JW vs FR TJD? Well, if he exceeds that then we've got ourselves a winner! I hope you are right.

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Center Grove wins in a snooze fest over Greenwood. Sleep walking through that game. I’m sure TJD ended up with over 20 but it was a boring game

I watched the stream and yes, it was indeed boring.  Announcers said he had 20 pts.  Interesting stat that as a freshman he only hit 45% of his FT's; improved both soph. and jr. seasons and this year he's at 74% so clearly he's worked on it.

It would probably depend on what game you have watched of his. Ive watched some games where he didn’t dominate like he should of and has look like he was going through the motions. Hard to bring every night against way lesser competition like he does in some of his high school games. On the hand I’ve also watched in in the summer where he completely took games and couldn’t be stopped. Last April with Brooks out TJD’s team played Vernon Carey and Scotty Barnes (Carey-1 player 2018 and Barnes-3 2020 player). TJD dropped 28 and 16 with about 10 dunks and outplayed both leading his Indy Heat team to the victory. He is going to be a really good player for IU but he will have some growing pains in his first year. He has room to grow into an even better player when he learns to play with a higher motor for longer periods of time. I’m sure Archie will bring out the best of him next year

Yeah. Here is the question. Will he have a Zeller like impact in year 1? Probably not. Will it be like Vonleh? As far as him playing like a Senior Juwan Morgan, I just can’t see that.

Very excited about TJD and to see where he stacks up compared to the above.

Yeah. Here is the question. Will he have a Zeller like impact in year 1? Probably not. Will it be like Vonleh? As far as him playing like a Senior Juwan Morgan, I just can’t see that.

In my opinion no he won’t have an impact like zeller in year one. Don’t think he will be like Vonleh and lead the B1G in rebounding and double-doubles in year 1. Definitely won’t play like a senior Morgan. That’s asking a lot and putting a lot on his shoulders to stack up with those guys. I think he will be a solid contributor in year 1 but I don’t think he will put up monster numbers. He will help IU win a lot of games in his time at IU

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Like Vonleh with a much better supporting cast and no three point shooting?

That'll do for me, cause that’d make us a top five team if Romeo returns.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

In my opinion no he won’t have an impact like zeller in year one. Don’t think he will be like Vonleh and lead the B1G in rebounding and double-doubles in year 1. Definitely won’t play like a senior Morgan. That’s asking a lot and putting a lot on his shoulders to stack up with those guys. I think he will be a solid contributor in year 1 but I don’t think he will put up monster numbers. He will bro IU win a lot of games in his time at IU

Just adding to this, I could see a year of 12/7/1(1.5) being realistic his freshman year. With a big leap between his freshman and sophomore seasons

TJD in action today at the Hall of Fame Classic in New Castle at the Fieldhouse. 4 team tournament with Westview, Valparaiso, and Warren Central rounding out the field.

Can't make the 11am game due to the in-law family Christmas (AKA nephews/sons making me regret home ownership), but hopefully can make the evening games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Isn’t warren central one of the better teams in the state still? Valpo with Newman. Don’t know much about Westview.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah number 1 in the state. David bell hasn’t lost a football game or basketball game in over 2 years