Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

2 hours ago, Red1 said:

I know a lot of people are not really high on McRoberts, but that diving play in the first half against Northwestern for example. Who in your opinions becomes the guy next year that makes those kinds of high energy plays and scraps like he willing to do?

I see Al and RP as being scrappy and even more so as upper classmen 

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

just for fun

Al Durham/Rob Phinesee/Green

Romeo

Brooks

TJD

DeRon Davis

Or more realistically

Durham/Phinisee/Green

Brooks

Hunter (hopefully) healthy and back to full potential

TJD

DD

Really curious as to why you have Durham ahead of RP and Green as a point guard, or was it not in depth chart order?

Really curious as to why you have Durham ahead of RP and Green as a point guard, or was it not in depth chart order?

Wasn’t really in order. Whichever of the three separate. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

“When you have 3 QBs/PGs you don’t actually have 1”.

Something to that effect. They all have potential.

Durham is playing better and shooting better but forces drives/plays, isnt a natural passer/playmaker.

Phinisee is the most trustworthy decision maker but doesn’t make a lot of special plays and isn’t a trustworthy shooter as of yet. Bright future, just not sure when.

Green, I still like the best in some ways because his ceiling seems high as a PG. but man, he sometimes is the most brain dead player on the roster. Like JR Smith type stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wasn’t really in order. Whichever of the three separate. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Durham is playing better and shooting better but forces drives/plays, isnt a natural passer/playmaker.

Phinisee is the most trustworthy decision maker but doesn’t make special plays and isn’t a trustworthy shooter.

Green, I still like the best in some ways because his ceiling seems high as a PG. but man, he sometimes is the most brain dead player on the roster. Like JR Smith type stuff.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining. My opinion, but I don’t even consider Durham a point guard. 

I know a lot of people are not really high on McRoberts, but that diving play in the first half against Northwestern for example. Who in your opinions becomes the guy next year that makes those kinds of high energy plays and scraps like he willing to do?

Honestly, when this becomes Phinisee's team and the culture continues to shift this will be the norm. We won't be pointing to a single player as the energy or hustle guy. They all need to do it.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Phinisee is the most trustworthy decision maker but doesn’t make a lot of special plays and isn’t a trustworthy shooter as of yet. Bright future, just not sure when.

Phinisee will make plenty of special plays; and he's already made some (dump pass to Smith for the dunk, for example).   He's clearly playing a very conservative style now; but he's got plenty of special.   Kid has a 2:1 A/TO ratio, which is better than we've had at that position in a while.   For the record, Green's ratio is 1.1: 1 for his career.

Phinisee shooting 47% from the floor.  Green 35%.   (39% for his career) And Green is 1-12 from three point land this season..Phinisee 5-15.  I'm really looking for a high ceiling in Green; but I just don't see it.  2 years and another 1/4th of a season in, Green is selfish, out of control, and very, very dumb sometimes (see the play yesterday when he made a great defensive play for a steal, and it looked like he thought "okay, I got it, now I get to shoot it," taking it to 3 players and turning it right back over.  I promise not one person here was surprised.).   

11 hours ago, Old Friend said:

and it looked like he thought "okay, I got it, now I get to shoot it," taking it to 3 players and turning it right back over.  I promise not one person here was surprised.).   

Let's be fair...Phinisee has taken it to the rim 1 on 3 a number of times too.  Same for Al.  I don't like it, but Archie must.  If he didn't,  he wouldn't let it happen so often.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Let's be fair...Phinisee has taken it to the rim 1 on 3 a number of times too.  Same for Al.  I don't like it, but Archie must.  If he didn't,  he wouldn't let it happen so often.

Yes, and so did Yogi as a freshman.  Look how legendary he became at Indiana.  

Phinisee is still a freshman.  

Durham is a sophomore.  

Green is a junior.

I love watching Green at his best and at those times he is by far the superior point guard (especially feeding into the paint).  However, from what I've seen he is also (as a junior) more prone to mistakes than the other two younger guards you mentioned.

I think there is a time for each, and all three have skills the others do not.  Phinisee, I am quite certain, will become a stud at Indiana.  As for Durham, he's looking significantly better this year than last and I hope that improvement continues the next two seasons...if so, look out.  Green is still making the same mistakes as he did as a freshman.  His game can be smooth as silk and awe-inspiring at times, but he needs to gain the composure to avoid the "freshman" mistakes.

18 minutes ago, ray said:

Durham is a sophomore.  

Green is a junior.

I love watching Green at his best and at those times he is by far the superior point guard (especially feeding into the paint).  However, from what I've seen he is also (as a junior) more prone to mistakes than the other two younger guards you mentioned.

I think there is a time for each, and all three have skills the others do not.  Phinisee, I am quite certain, will become a stud at Indiana.  As for Durham, he's looking significantly better this year than last and I hope that improvement continues the next two seasons...if so, look out.  Green is still making the same mistakes as he did as a freshman.  His game can be smooth as silk and awe-inspiring at times, but he needs to gain the composure to avoid the "freshman" mistakes.

I actually think Phinisee looks better than Yogi did as a freshman..Yogi had more around him too. That is why I still think Rob should start. He's a freshman and will look bad at times. The last two games being an example. Hopefully he rebounds this week. I liked Devonte off the bench too. 

Durham is a sophomore.  

Green is a junior.

Agree with all of that. Green at his best changes games for the better. Green at his worst, or average I guess, changes games for the worse. He's an enigma. Al seems to be the most improved this season. Rob will be a stud and may be that sooner than later.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, ray said:

Durham is a sophomore.  

Green is a junior.

Well said. The only piece I disagree with here is Green always being the most mistake prone. Al can get into spells as well. Particularly when he gets sped up by the pace ie the Arkansas and Duke games. 

That being said, dude has greatly improved this year and I love to see those lefty 3's fly.

12 hours ago, Josh said:

Did you see the play I'm referring to?  Not comparable at all.   Green's play was completely selfish.  It was not a take.  He dribbled into traffic, had chances to throw it out and didn't; and ultimately turned it over without really getting a look at the rim except to throw it in the general direction.  Not the same thing.  At all.

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Did you see the play I'm referring to?  Not comparable at all.   Green's play was completely selfish.  It was not a take.  He dribbled into traffic, had chances to throw it out and didn't; and ultimately turned it over without really getting a look at the rim except to throw it in the general direction.  Not the same thing.  At all.

I did see it.  It was awful.  Same as when Phinisee does it.  Driving 1 on 3 instead of kicking it out is bad basketball.  Same as when Phinisee does it.  I'm not sure why Archie allows it

Sorry all, this is a TJD thread.  I'm ducking out of this discussion here