Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

The signing period is over, correct. He just signed weeks ago when it was open

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This happens sometimes. Bol bol and shittu did this last year. I brought this up a couple weeks ago. I thought Zeke would be the 2019 recruit to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

End result is all that matters but can someone more intune explain why a recruit would sign during the early period but not release it for a couple of weeks later?  
Pure speculation here but maybe he wanted to have a special showcase matchup with his good friend be even more fun and even more anticipated? He clearly had a plan and it involved this night when they are going up against one another.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, schoosier said:

We’re heading in the right direction landing all these Indiana kids, and I love it. Welcome home TDJ!

Agree with this.  What I laugh about is getting crapped on for years for saying we needed to recruit from the inside out.  NOI!   Some said.  It doesn't matter where kids are from.   Yeah....if you get the right kids; it kinda' does matter.   Especially if you can accentuate by going outside the state and get the BEST fits you can find instead of the Stanford Robinson's of the world.

A great get for Indiana.  He and Franklin battle tonight!

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

This ones personal boys. I’ve watched this kid grow into the Top 15 5 star he is now. He has came a long way from his freshman google wearing years but you could tell early it was there. Sophomore year he improved a little more but ranking services were not on board. I will never forgot being at Westfield the summer going into his junior year I was talking with a person who covers IU for one of the services and I told him I hoped IU offered soon because I think he is going to be good. I said Purdue and Iowa offered recently. He said should IU be in battle for a kid with Purdue and Iowa? IU needs to aim higher. I said in this case yes. TJD worked his butt off and became a top 15 player and it’s been a joy to watch and his senior year will be special to watch. He could of went to MSU or UCLA and I would of been happy for him. He is a class act that takes time for the kids and helps with the youth league along with the other center grove players.
Pretty much since the time he visited IU 5 times in a span of a month this was always trending IU’s way. For those that saw this congrats on one of the less stressful recruitments for a fan base when it comes to top 15 player. For those that were stressed out I’m afraid there will never be a recruitment you won’t be stressed out about. Great day to be a Trojan and Hoosier fan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I found out a long time ago that simply because a guy covers IU does not make him an expert on IU or sports or recruiting.    God rest his soul, but it started with Ed Magoni and hasn't gotten a hell of a lot better.

Dale Davis' kid is going to be a good get.  Was always going to be a good get.

Fantastic Friday news!!!! Welcome Trayce!!
I wasn’t worried but it’s great to have him signed. Hope we hear that Keion made a similar move recently.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Like I just mentioned on the Brooks thread....December 8th? I'm going with it. I'm predicting a commitment from Brooks on the 8th. I'm most likely going to be wrong but there is no recourse for me being wrong so I don't care.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app