Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

15 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sort of like Yogi? This would be awesome. Heck, he could start for this team this year. I hope the news is true. I'd like for Archie to get Keion and TJD so he can focus on the loaded 2021 class. Thank god for no more Tim Priller's, Jeremiah April's, and Grant Gelon's!!!

TIM PRILLER????

giphy.gif

Just kidding..........

Let me know if anyone plans on going tomorrow. Should be a good one. My sons center grove youth team along with teams from 1St-4th grade will be getting recognized at half time. Little man is pumped he gets to wear his jersey to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Let me know if anyone plans on going tomorrow. Should be a good one. My sons center grove youth team along with teams from 1St-4th grade will be getting recognized at half time. Little man is pumped he gets to wear his jersey to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I will definitely be there with my brother-in-law who is a Purdue grad...hoping like heck TJD announces IU tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When do kids typically announce when they announce at a game. Halftime?

I’ve seen them announce before the game. 0 chance they do it at halftime. Coaches are going to coach their teams during halftime and not let one player leave to announce where he is going to school.

I will definitely be there with my brother-in-law who is a Purdue grad...hoping like heck TJD announces IU tomorrow!

Personally I don’t see him announcing tomorrow. Mid December would be my guess

34 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

I feel like if it was happening tonight it’d be well known at this point, so there could be media there.  No 5 star is announcing in front of 1000 people with no media there.  

So you're saying there's a chance???

I feel like if it was happening tonight it’d be well known at this point, so there could be media there.  No 5 star is announcing in front of 1000 people with no media there.  

There will be closer to 4000 people there, which is way more than were at Romeo's announcement. And at least 75% of will be IU fans. This is a big time game tonight with 2 high profile recruits.

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

There will be closer to 4000 people there, which is way more than were at Romeo's announcement. And at least 75% of will be IU fans. This is a big time game tonight with 2 high profile recruits.

Sorry, unsure of attendance numbers and in hindsight I obviously was forgetting the opponent.  Doesn’t change the fact the only a few local media outlets may be there.  If it was known he was announcing there’d be far more, including national outlets I would assume.  Doesn’t mean I don’t want it to happen, i just don’t see it being done this way.  Hope I’m wrong 

16 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Sorry, unsure of attendance numbers and in hindsight I obviously was forgetting the opponent.  Doesn’t change the fact the only a few local media outlets may be there.  If it was known he was announcing there’d be far more, including national outlets I would assume.  Doesn’t mean I don’t want it to happen, i just don’t see it being done this way.  Hope I’m wrong 

ESPN hasn't hyped Trayce enough for there to be a national audience here.  And anyone with a cell phone can stream the commitment.  I think Rabjohns keeps his real information close to the vest, especially if recruits ask him to do so.  And so if he shows up before the game it's all ready for a broadcast to a large audience.  

FWIW I've seen the rumors around as well.  They include that Trayce is committing tonight, Trayce is now favoring UCLA pursuant to a teammates family member, and that it's not Trayce that is committing tonight, but Keion.  No way to know if there's any real information out there, but I'd think any insider is pretty gunshy at this point to share, given how many false alarms they've had.  Trayce has basically laid waste to the entire recruiting insider industry.  Not faulting him.  But this is a boy-who-cried-wolf situation.  I don't think any of the insiders were making things up along the way.

Just the same, there are still plenty of the traditional insiders and others who still report full confidence that Trayce will be a Hoosier.  The crystal ball reflects the same.