Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

37 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I hope he decided to be a Hoosier, but we are going to be REALLY good with OR WITHOUT TJD! 

I agree with you about IU needing to be really good. But I think it's just as important to show top recruits how high level talent (RL) is used and developed in Archie's system. When Romeo continues to flourish in this system, it could show high level recruits that IU is a good college choice.

I'm also going to include Rob Phinisee in this. How his skill set is utilized and showcasing his development over the season could validate Indiana's player development.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Alford won’t have a bad enough year to get fired.

I remain confident we get TJD. The staff has put nearly all their chips in his basket.

I get the feeling the Romeo recruitment and hype plays a part in this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What would you consider bad enough?  UCLA is quickly approaching the territory where IU was at with Crean in that it will have no choice but to fire Alford to stave off a fanbase revolt.

And similar to the situation with Crean, his buyout is pretty reasonable at this point.

From what I understand mom wants IU, stepdad wants MSU or UCLA but not IU. MSU convinced him to give them more time and watch how they play this year.  

It could be that waiting on a decision helps reduce stress at home. Kids value their parents opinions and putting off the decision could actually lessen stress under their roof. Hope he has a great senior season . 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have said many times the staff doesn't speak about TJD anymore and I don't ask. That's not in a bad way I know they really want him I just choose to bring it up. So I have no inside information about him. I have thought he would have been a Hoosiers 2 or 3 times already. I would listen to pap or Uspshoosier who lives there about this recruiting. From what I understand mom wants IU, stepdad wants MSU or UCLA but not IU. MSU convinced him to give them more time and watch how they play this year. He's their 2nd or 3rd option for a big guy so not sure why he is listening to them. This recruitment has lasted too long for me so I'm over it. He's not Romeo. I like the way Race, Moore, Forrester has gotten better so I think we will be OK either way. 

I feel a little bad for kids in this position, being torn by adults.  If his Mom wants to see him at IU, then who gives a sh!t about the stepdad...why would you push the kid farther from his Mom for school.  Especially it seems like TJD likes IU. 

In the end it seems like it makes too much sense, and he will go to IU, but crazier things have happened.

I have to wonder if the staff has put themselves (or allowed themselves to be put) in a "pickle".  Pretty much all the eggs are in the TJD & KBJ baskets.  I'm not sure if there are alternate plans in place or what ever, but the potential is there for a lackluster recruiting class when a blockbuster was expected. I still have confidence in Archie and the staff and look forward to seeing how things work out.

However things transpire, the season has begun and the focus needs to be on the players wearing C&C, not on teenagers just " enjoying the process" of recruiting. 

3 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I have to wonder if the staff has put themselves (or allowed themselves to be put) in a "pickle".  Pretty much all the eggs are in the TJD & KBJ baskets.  I'm not sure if there are alternate plans in place or what ever, but the potential is there for a lackluster recruiting class when a blockbuster was expected. I still have confidence in Archie and the staff and look forward to seeing how things work out.

However things transpire, the season has begun and the focus needs to be on the players wearing C&C, not on teenagers just " enjoying the process" of recruiting. 

Hurt for sure will still be around in the spring. 

I’m not angry, just disappointed as I thought this was coming to a close and TJD and perhaps Brooks both, were going to commit soon and continue with the momentum. Our momentum will have to be done on the court until spring it seems, and that’s fine as I think we’re looking at a good year.  
Very interested in what Pap and Chris have for us when they post hopefully today, because I do now feel like IU isn’t the leader we all thought on TJD.   One thought about the PR around a recruitment like this and if he’s looking for the Romeo treatment.  He’ll get that and the IU chants at all the game etc.  However, how many times would his name be mentioned on  broadcasts during IU games (seemingly when IU is looking good this year) by announcers talking about how good our class is coming in and who’s in it......
Doesn't this board always seem to think we lead for every recruit and almost always never is the case. I don't ever have my hopes up on this recruiting thing. Best to let it play out and not get too emersed.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BtownBanners mobile app

Every other kid in the state of Ohio are OSU fans except for the top 6 prospects in the state for 2018
1. Bazley-Syracuse
2 hunter- IU
3 nance- northwestern
4 Goodwin - notre dame
5 jaxson Hayes- Texas
6 cohill- Dayton
Finally
7. Athrens- Ohio st
Lol

Quit with the logic. It's not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can anyone really blame a kid for wanting to watch the schools that he is considering play some games to make sure they are having success and how they utilize the players they could possibly be playing with next year. I can’t. I also think that TJD is number 3 on the MSU pecking order behind Carey and Stewart. IU will be fine regardless but they have to win this year and pick up some tourney wins as well to get consistent recruiting success. Not to mention Romeo needs to be a high lottery pick as well to help sell these types of recruits on getting guys to the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have said many times the staff doesn't speak about TJD anymore and I don't ask. That's not in a bad way I know they really want him I just choose to bring it up. So I have no inside information about him. I have thought he would have been a Hoosiers 2 or 3 times already. I would listen to pap or Uspshoosier who lives there about this recruiting. From what I understand mom wants IU, stepdad wants MSU or UCLA but not IU. MSU convinced him to give them more time and watch how they play this year. He's their 2nd or 3rd option for a big guy so not sure why he is listening to them. This recruitment has lasted too long for me so I'm over it. He's not Romeo. I like the way Race, Moore, Forrester has gotten better so I think we will be OK either way. 

I’m sorry but his stepdad must be awfully stupid if he’s pushing for MSU. Yes Izzo is a Hall of Fame coach but he’s also a slime ball that has turned a blind eye to many situations within his program when it came to recruiting players and things that have gone on in the program during Izzo’s time there.

I’m sorry but his stepdad must be awfully stupid if he’s pushing for MSU. Yes Izzo is a Hall of Fame coach but he’s also a slime ball that has turned a blind eye to many situations within his program when it came to recruiting players and things that have gone on in the program during Izzo’s time there.

That is awfully strong. I get your feelings as an IU fan and I don’t disagree. As a person that wants their child to be one and done because it’s their dream you are going to look at only that aspect. Which coach has proven he can get you there in better shape than originally thought.

I wonder how things change if either Stewart or Carey commits to MSU during the early period? I don’t know because I don’t have time to follow their recruitments. But let’s say one or the other does and they already have a loaded frontcourt as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Would that put us more at ease?
I’m with many in here who say just do what you think is best for you, TJD. We really want you at IU but we’ll be fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners