Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

So just posing this question as a possibility but if MSU lands Malik Hall and either Stewart or Carey do they still look as attractive to Brooks and TJD?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah until there is a logjam at their positions because they have guys that will So., Jr., and Sr’s that at looking for playing time too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I haven’t seen too many 5* outside of Duke or Kentucky ride the pine. If he is considering them it’s because he got assurances. None of his teams on his list would play him less than 25 min per game. But he is coming here so it doesn’t matter.

Am I the only one who thought his comments about MSU and UCLA were a little more ‘positive’ than his about Indiana? I’m NOT doubting that he commits to us (I still think he does), just wondering if others read that the same way.

5 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Am I the only one who thought his comments about MSU and UCLA were a little more ‘positive’ than his about Indiana? I’m NOT doubting that he commits to us (I still think he does), just wondering if others read that the same way.

I read it that way as well. It's not overly flattering to simply say IU wants Indiana kids and the other programs carry many more attributes. His mind is made up regardless, so I'm sure he crafts his words carefully.

Probably not the only one but I didn’t see it that way.

27 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Among his biggest takeaways from his MSU visit is the family atmosphere and the shared love between Izzo and former players.  He follows up later by saying Indiana has the family atmosphere too...but they are even more like family to him because it's a roster full of many of the state of Indiana's best players who began to stay home since Archie's arrival.  Archie doesn't have a long history of former IU players he's coached, so the similarities between Izzo's relationship with his players is not one which can be adequately compared.

The takeaway from the UCLA visit is that he will be seen by scouts.  Eh, so what?  I believe the exposure of the Big 10 is far superior to the exposure of the Pac 12, and at least at Indiana he'll not only be seen by scouts but also by fans at the games.

It started with, "I know it's going to be hard straying away from home."  I didn't read this as, "I plan to stray."  I read it as, "It will take a lot of convincing for me to leave home."

Edited by ray

Among his biggest takeaways from his MSU visit is the family atmosphere and the shared love between Izzo and former players.  He follows up later by saying Indiana has the family atmosphere too...but they are even more like family to him because it's a roster full of many of the state of Indiana's best players who began to stay home since Archie's arrival.  Archie doesn't have a long history of former IU players he's coached, so the similarities between Izzo's relationship with his players is not one which can be adequately compared.
The takeaway from the UCLA visit is that he will be seen by scouts.  Eh, so what?  I believe the exposure of the Big 10 is far superior to the exposure of the Pac 12, and at least at Indiana he'll not only be seen by scouts but also by fans at the games.
It started with, "I know it's going to be hard straying away from home."  I didn't read this as, "I plan to stray."  I read it as, "It will take a lot of convincing for me to leave home."

I don’t mean to pick at your post but no where in the article does TJD say that Indiana is/are ‘even more like family to him.’ While I can understand why you inferred that, it is just that..an inference.