Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

Well, there's a pretty big federal investigation that's been taking place for over a year now featuring payments to college basketball players, some of which we recruited and failed to land, sooo...

+1

Billy Preston

Tremont Waters

Trey Lyles

Malachi Richardson

Rawle Alkins

Jaren Jackson —— yeah yeah I know

Bruce Brown

Kris Wilkes hmm, why not.

If I had more time I’d keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

How can this not be a violation?  NCAA rules are a joke.

Remember Moses Abraham? He came to IU on an official and all the word leaking was that he wanted to commit on his visit, but his parents convinced him to wait until a couple days after he got home. Georgetown was the main competition, and the story went that John Thompson, Sr. (long retired at that point) was waiting at the airport when Abraham got back from IU. 

Seems crazy that a coach’s father can recruit for him. 

Remember Moses Abraham? He came to IU on an official and all the word leaking was that he wanted to commit on his visit, but his parents convinced him to wait until a couple days after he got home. Georgetown was the main competition, and the story went that John Thompson, Sr. (long retired at that point) was waiting at the airport when Abraham got back from IU. 

I didn’t have time to engage on Scout, but I occasionally lurked there and the Abraham thread was a classic.

Michigan State May get Isaiah Stewart (despite what optimists here think, Stewart and TJD won’t want to play together). Alford isn’t going to survive the season. Process of elimination = TJD to IU.
Have y'all considered the possibility that IU just isn't that intriguing to recruits because how much pressure we put on our incoming recruits? We always peg these guys as the "Next ... (Insert blank)" but in relality these guys are above average highschool basketball players. It isn't common to find a class like we did in 2013. We should have won it all.

Sent from my Pixel using BtownBanners mobile app

Who are you talking to? This has been the most benign recruitment thread I’ve seen

There are some getting anxious or nervous about UCLA and aggravated he hasn't announced yet. I agree with his post

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but that exists anywhere if not everywhere.

I agree. I went to Illinois Loyalty after the +200 recruits signed and some in that fan base were comparing them to some of the very good players that went through that program.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All of my thoughts on this subject are my own, not any inside knowledge. I just know that people are not happy with how close Sam Alford is getting to the family like visiting them more than once at their house. Whether they are a close second or just second they have moved past MSU in a shorter amount of time. I think most people on all IU boards thought he would have been committed to IU by now. Hopefully, next week is the week or at least he goes as an IU basketball player for Halloween on the 31st.
Isn't Sam Alford in his 80's? Hes the main selling point for his son who's a bad coach? That's scary if it works.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On 10/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, BGleas said:

Stalkers, it would seem, should scare recruits away.  I guess I am wrong.

Ole Sam, riling up message boards for over 10 years.

Edit: As long as it has nothing to do with Calhoun or his health.