Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We and the staff won’t wait that long. I feel confident we have another 1 and maybe 2 by mid November.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Seeing how many believed that after Romeo committed that we'd see a bunch of recruits committing soon after, and we just got our first since then this week makes me believe a lot of these kids are going to commit later, than sooner.

If a kid is truly uncertain as I believe Romeo was, they'll wait.  And there are some who just want to enjoy every minute of the limelight and the 24/7 fawning from coaching staffs.  But I think most will have their minds pretty well made up and want to eliminate the distraction of getting daily calls/texts from schools they've mentally removed from consideration.  They'll want to enjoy a relatively stress free senior season.   IMO TJD will be an early commit (hopefully to IU) but Brooks will wait until spring.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If a kid is truly uncertain as I believe Romeo was, they'll wait.  And there are some who just want to enjoy every minute of the limelight and the 24/7 fawning from coaching staffs.  But I think most will have their minds pretty well made up and want to eliminate the distraction of getting daily calls/texts from schools they've mentally removed from consideration.  They'll want to enjoy a relatively stress free senior season.   IMO TJD will be an early commit (hopefully to IU) but Brooks will wait until spring.

It's best when you know, you know, and you adjust accordingly, and you don't string a coach along.

Per Journal & Curior:

Earlier this week, Center Grove center Trayce Jackson-Davis announced he would not take a scheduled visit to Purdue in November, trimming his list of finalists from six to five

28 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Earlier this week, Center Grove center Trayce Jackson-Davis announced he would not take a scheduled visit to Purdue in November, trimming his list of finalists from six to five

I love that this post, indicating TJD is telling Purdoo "thanks but no thanks", has a Mutombo finger wag as the avatar.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From what I saw, "it went great" was all TJD had to say about it and the innocuous phrase "it went great" is pretty tepid IMO.  Unless I missed it, there wasn't any elaboration whatsoever. 

Just once it would be refreshing to hear a kid say something along these lines:  "Man does that coach stink and what makes him think I'd ever seriously go to that excrement hole university.  Dude has wasted my time for the last time."

Or how about seeing one of these kids list a top 5 or top 10 or whatever and actually rank the schools in order of who's leading, lol? Basically like the crystal ball tries to do, but straight from the horses mouth, haha.

Maybe kick out one school each week after all the visits are done leading up to their signing period?! Hahaha... let's get creative already!

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From what I saw, "it went great" was all TJD had to say about it and the innocuous phrase "it went great" is pretty tepid IMO.  Unless I missed it, there wasn't any elaboration whatsoever. 

Just once it would be refreshing to hear a kid say something along these lines:  "Man does that coach stink and what makes him think I'd ever seriously go to that excrement hole university.  Dude has wasted my time for the last time."

What TJD said recently is about as close as  you are going to get: "I'm no longer considering Purdue."

I think that roughly translates to: "Man that coach stinks worse than I thought and the university is a bigger excrement hole than I ever imagined. What makes them think I would ever go there and waste my time?"

I would be content with a kid snickering when dropping Purdue. “Yeah man that isn’t happening”. With a snicker would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

19 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Honestly, would we even want a kid who said really mean spirited things publicly about other schools recruiting him? That would be a red flag character flaw to me. 

No, probably not.....but it would be stinking hilarious to watch the PeeEww fans tantrum that resulted. 

38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Honestly, would we even want a kid who said really mean spirited things publicly about other schools recruiting him? That would be a red flag character flaw to me. 

Well, if you insist on being a spoilsport... logically, if a kid felt that way about a coach and a university they wouldn't even consider them in the first place. 

19 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Well, if you insist on being a spoilsport... logically, if a kid felt that way about a coach and a university they wouldn't even consider them in the first place. 

You're fine, you were just throwing a funny out there

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think that's what he inferred when he cut Purdue!