Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

He made it clear because this was literally the first question:

Are you a lock to Indiana, like some recruiting analysts suggest? If not, what makes you open to other schools?

"I’m not a lock to Indiana. I think people just assume that because where I am, being south of Indianapolis. Indiana has done a great job of recruiting me, but I’m nowhere near a lock to them. I wouldn't be wasting everyone’s time going on all these visits if I was just going to commit there."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Indy Star Q&A with TJD.
In a Wednesday conversation with the Register, the Midwest mega-recruit said he will no longer take his November unofficial visit to Purdue and will instead focus on UCLA, Indiana, Michigan State, Wake Forest and Iowa.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/iowa/bbmen-recruiting/2018/09/05/trayce-jackson-davis-recruiting-iowa-target-indiana-ucla-michigan-state-wake-forest-purdue/1205489002/

Just wanted to point out this was an article done by Mathew Bain of Hawk Central. He covers Iowa sports

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When asked about each school and what they have to offer, did anyone catch that his answer for Indiana was very different from the others...for Indiana he says, "They tell me WHERE I'M GOING TO PLAY in their offense and stuff like that, where they see me playing." Whereas when asked about other schools he says they told me where I would fit or where I would play in their system. I might be reading way too much into it though.

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wouldn’t the same IU fans come out for him?

No. It's like Damon. People weren't coming from all over to watch Pat Graham, Chandler Thompson, Shawn Kemp or Jay Edwards, nor Brandon Dawson, Caleb Swanigan, Kris Wilkes or Gary Harris.

I will just be happy if we can actually sell out a game this year. Center Grove is a football school. Last year there was maybe 2 times where they actually opened up the top bowl around the gym. Last year was the most people I’ve seen at basketball games since I’ve been going and there was still a ton of empty seats. Hopefully more people will show up and watch TJD is senior year

Luckily I just live 10 minutes down the road from CG and will be at as many home games as possible. I think most games will sell out at home this year. CG has really high expectations with TJD this year...and they should. I've been going to see him play since he was a Freshman and he has made exponential jumps each year and I think this year will be no different. He's a matchup nightmare with his ability to handle the ball at his size and hope more than anything he ends up in Candy Stripes as we expect.

Have really struggled to put a comp on him. Jeffries isn't bad. Maybe a better Andrae Patterson? I need to see him more.

Patterson was a little ploddy, TJD and Jefferies are a bit more athletic and wiry

Patterson was a little ploddy, TJD and Jefferies are a bit more athletic and wiry

I keep going back to Ray Tolbert.Loves the put back dunk and seems to be relentless going to the rim.
Maybe a cross between Jeffries and Ray.