Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

17 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

His father or stepfather? What was said?

His stepdad. Just said that there is a lot of speculation that he will end up at IU but that is not true. He is open to everyone. He said not sure where those rumors came from. TJD even said something like this also.

His stepdad. Just said that there is a lot of speculation that he will end up at IU but that is not true. He is open to everyone. He said not sure where those rumors came from. TJD even said something like this also.

We know where the rumor came from:)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just get the feeling he's looking to snub IU based on the fact that everyone assumed he was coming to Bloomington.  Sort of an "I'll show them" sort of thing. I have no basis or logic for this; just something I could very well see happening.

27 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I just get the feeling he's looking to snub IU based on the fact that everyone assumed he was coming to Bloomington.  Sort of an "I'll show them" sort of thing. I have no basis or logic for this; just something I could very well see happening.

That's absolutely silly. There could be dozens of reasons he may not come here, but I guarantee this wouldn't be one of them.

19 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I get that vibe. Unless IU is putting out the perception they are the leader, they shouldn’t suffer any negative consequences. Maybe Trayce doesn’t see it that way though.

Shocker.

The OP's last sentence "no basis or logic" applies well here. No kid is going to choose to "snub" a school because of a rumor that he was going to commit there.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Don't be so quick to dismiss or judge, compadres. I'm simply offering up a thought after reading articles, seeing a clear shift in direction and TJD's general demeanor. No need to throw stones. My feeling was and is he doesn't appreciate all the IU assumptions as he "wants to be wanted" for a while, and those assumptions were clearly tied to him being IU bound as a former foregone conclusion. It's not silly, and it's definitely without basis or logic. Just sharing to share, as we tend to do in this board/community.

Don't be so quick to dismiss or judge, compadres. I'm simply offering up a thought after reading articles, seeing a clear shift in direction and TJD's general demeanor. No need to throw stones. My feeling was and is he doesn't appreciate all the IU assumptions as he "wants to be wanted" for a while, and those assumptions were clearly tied to him being IU bound as a former foregone conclusion. It's not silly, and it's definitely without basis or logic. Just sharing to share, as we tend to do in this board/community.
I wouldn't say completely without basis... I remember Chris007 hearing it was close to a done deal that he would commit soon after Romeo...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I wouldn't say completely without basis... I remember Chris007 hearing it was close to a done deal that he would commit soon after Romeo...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Correct I was told originally a day or two after Romeo by a staff member. These days his name doesn't come up, not sure if that is because they know they already have him or just assume he's coming but they are still at all of his games.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Correct I was told originally a day or two after Romeo by a staff member. These days his name doesn't come up, not sure if that is because they know they already have him or just assume he's coming but they are still at all of his games.

Much of my "gut" feeling comes from exactly this. Chris007 is always in the know.  We go from TJD commitment watch to crickets, then the article(s) come out about him not being close and strongly discounting the IU rumors. Sumpin's-happenin'. Regardless, I appreciate the info you provide for us Chris007; your posts are where many of us turn when we're looking for facts and/or solid news. Stay active.

1 minute ago, IU-DL said:

Much of my "gut" feeling comes from exactly this. Chris007 is always in the know.  We go from TJD commitment watch to crickets, then the article(s) come out about him not being close and strongly discounting the IU rumors. Sumpin's-happenin'. Regardless, I appreciate the info you provide for us Chris007; your posts are where many of us turn when we're looking for facts and/or solid news. Stay active.

I still feel he will be at IU. I just think the 18-year-old kid wants to be told how great he is, visit new places and be shown a good time. I don't fault him for this. Some like the process others don't. 

He dunks a lot, because he can! He puts himself in a great position to get a lot of rebound dunks, that's much better than getting a rebound and starting another offensive possession, or worse yet, not getting the rebound because he didn't crash the glass.
In the vids I have watched he seems to be a little old school and uses the glass for a lot of baby hooks and finishing moves. I like him a lot and I want him at Indiana.
Ive said it all along.
Hes the one I want most in this class.Ray Tolbert #2

10 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

That's a much more logical analysis than this idea that someone would change their college decision because someone says they're going to that college.

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still feel he will be at IU. I just think the 18-year-old kid wants to be told how great he is, visit new places and be shown a good time. I don't fault him for this. Some like the process others don't. 

Yep can’t blame him if I ever have a son being recruited by top programs 3 of his visits will be

UCLA

Miami

Hawaii

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Yep can’t blame him if I ever have a son being recruited by top programs 3 of his visits will be

UCLA

Miami

Hawaii

Totally agree Florida, Florida st, Arizona or ASU would make my list

Something is probably happening, but I highly doubt it's because he wants to "stick" it to IU because people think he is going there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk