Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Maybe not committing until after the season? 

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:
The 2019 class is boom or bust. Let’s hope Archie can close on some of these players. TJD keeps pushing the timeline farther and farther out.

TJD hasn’t pushed any timeline farther out. Unless I missed it somewhere where has he giving a timeline? From what I have gathered the only timeline he has pushed farther out are other people’s timeline of when he was going to commit. When he is 100 percent I’m sure he will commit and in my opinion if it’s tomorrow, before school, or next spring he will pick IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just got this from a Btown friend... according to him, it's the "hot rumor in Bloomington" this week:

Hot rumor alert in Bloomington.  

The Davis kid from Center Grove , son of Pacers star Dale Davis and likely 5-star recruit in 2019 class , wants to declare for H.S. graduation  early , become eligible for the 2018 recruiting class , and choose I.U.   Problem is we have no available scholarship for next season. 

Surely that can be solved, but, just a rumor.

Any insiders with any details? 

1 minute ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I thought this rumor was shot down a while ago because TJD wouldn't have enough credits to graduate early?  I could certainly be wrong. 

It very well could be "old"... just asking "for a friend". ;)   I just got an email from my guy in Bloomington... he is a retired professor, and still somewhat "in the know"... but ...

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It very well could be "old"... just asking "for a friend". ;)   I just got an email from my guy in Bloomington... he is a retired professor, and still somewhat "in the know"... but ...

I love hearing these rumors. I can’t even imagine a team of Greene, Langford, Smith, Morgan, and TJD with a deep bench. But I doubt it happens haha

18 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

No way that’s true. It would have been on the table and dealt with before we picked up a grad transfer big

This is my line of thinking as well.  Based on how much TJD wants to play with Romeo, I understand it but I think the staff vetted it before Fitzner.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It is possible TJD changed his mind. But i would lean towards it just being a rumor as well. Unless the staff knows something we dont about still having a scholarship freeing up

Anyone know if this is even a possibility from an eligibility standpoint?  I thought someone said he wouldn't have enough credits.  Count me in if they can make it work!

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

TJD’s father said re-classifying is not an option.

He said that previously though, right?

Or in reference to this new rumor today?

EDIT: I know it's an old rumor, but it seems to have new legs today.