Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

I'm not too surprised that Trayce didn't notify the OSU media guys that he may decide soon.  This is all a show, and these kids are learning how to play it.  That doesn't mean he won't adjust his timeline from what was said a few weeks ago.  It looks like ITH posted the video where Trayce made all of these comments, but interestingly there's no quote about waiting until July.  In the OSU article posted, that part isn't in quotes, either, and so I'm not sure that's something he just said, or if they're drawing from previous interviews.  Also, there was one question that I couldn't hear, but his answer made it sound like it had to do with a timeline.  It seems like there's a little hesitation when he's answering about this stuff, like maybe he's not being entirely truthful about "just enjoying the process for now."  You can tell that "enjoying the process" is just a phrase he's practiced to answer these questions.  Also, when originally asked about the programs showing interest, he rattled off 6-7 programs and didn't even mention OSU, until later in the interview when the OSU guy (and presumably the same guy that wrote that article) reminded him, and then Trayce gave some input on Holtmann.  Here's the video.  Let's be clear, I'm not calling Trayce a liar or anything.  I'm almost always impressed with these kids' abilities to handle media questions politely, while understanding how not to say anything that will get them in trouble.  

Here's a video from EYBL last weekend.  Like I said in my earlier comments, Trayce knows his role and sticks to it.  It's almost refreshing to have a kid not dream about being the next stretch-4/Durant/Lebron.  He plays inside, and does it very well, and very reliably.  His back-to-the-basket moves are already polished and he uses them well.  He covers ground fast to get to the hoop, and draws some fouls because of it.  

This is why Strom is one of my favorites and why I try to eat one each Friday. Brings me back from the ledge with knowledgeable info and to remind us that most OSU people just make up info to fit their narrative. 

55 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I feel like kids "wait" so they can rack up offers. TJD is probably leaning towards IU but he wants Duke, UK, and UNC offers as kind of a feather in the cap. That's how 5 star guys do it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo set the bar for decision day, and I’m good with it that it’s their choice. The conundrum is if other players are ready. I would think 5 stars you have to be willing to ride along. Players like Romeo, TDJ, Brooks, Watford or others you may covet works in our favor where they can regularly  visit and are already part of IU. Being home state and the luxury’s we offer, gives CAM the advantage. Like TDJ said he knows Indiana so the bar is already at levels most can’t replicate. 

We'll have 3 spots open at minimum, correct?
Assuming RL leaves, and he should, it is three. However, if he were injured, or somehow struggles, his dad may influence an early entry decision and he stays. Not likely, but I've hit a jackpot a couple times in Vegas. As of today, only 2 open spots next yr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Assuming RL leaves, and he should, it is three. However, if he were injured, or somehow struggles, his dad may influence an early entry decision and he stays. Not likely, but I've hit a jackpot a couple times in Vegas. As of today, only 2 open spots next yr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

If Morgan returns, which I believe is likely, he will be the only senior scholarship player. That will be the only open scholarship that will be absolutely available next year. If CAM uses the the current open scholarship for a one year grad transfer, also likely, then it would be two open for next year. RL leaving after a year, and any transfers could increase the count.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

If Morgan returns, which I believe is likely, he will be the only senior scholarship player. That will be the only open scholarship that will be absolutely available next year. If CAM uses the the current open scholarship for a one year grad transfer, also likely, then it would be two open for next year. RL leaving after a year, and any transfers could increase the count.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using BtownBanners mobile app

It just seems likely, given the number of quality players, that someone looks for greener pastures after next season. Kids want to play and not everyone is going to. I think there will be at least four spots available.

We had better get to work here—if 5 Star Romeo is worth over 700 pages —then 5 Star TJD is definitely worth more than 42 pages of posts! Let’s not take his recruitment for granted—especially with OSU lurking in the shadows...TJD is an important recruit for next year who we desperately need! Full court press to speed up his commitment “soon” per 007!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

We had better get to work here—if 5 Star Romeo is worth over 700 pages —then 5 Star TJD is definitely worth more than 42 pages of posts! Let’s not take his recruitment for granted—especially with OSU lurking in the shadows...TJD is an important recruit for next year who we desperately need! Full court press to speed up his commitment “soon” per 007!

Zach Hahn is TJD HS coach. Hahn is obviously a Butler guy, Holtmann spent some time at BU. Decent connection for them there (not a ton).. worth mentioning though. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Zach Hahn is TJD HS coach. Hahn is obviously a Butler guy, Holtmann spent some time at BU. Decent connection for them there (not a ton).. worth mentioning though. 

I honestly feel like it's Indiana followed by Purdue and then MSU and then everyone else

Just now, Chris007 said:

I honestly feel like it's Indiana followed by Purdue and then MSU and then everyone else

I do too. At least that is what I gathered from my buddy at CG. I just wanted to mention that little tid bit. Appears there is a sizable gap from 1 to 2 though. 

15 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

I agree, TJD is an extremely important recruit. Not sure if 700 pages or even 200 pages is possible but he would do wonders for decreasing the magnitude of the Juwan loss.

Jackson-Davis with a junior developed Moore, Thompson as a steady RS sophomore force, and Forrester with more muscle and a year in the system would be a solid stable of frontcourt players.  Athletes with refined basketball skill in Smith and Hunter on the wing.  That would give a lot of versatility in lineups and matchups. 

Come on down Trayce, bring Brooks and/or Watford with you!

2 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

I am thrilled at the chance to have TJD sign with Indiana...my top choice in 2019.  The number of pages on this thread will likely be far less than that of Romeo's, or at least I hope so.  If this thread becomes 700, then TJD waited a long time to commit or there was an excessive amount of craft beer being discussed.  Romeo's ended up over 700 due to so much mystery and the anticipation of his decision after a long wait.