Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

4 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Now I can get excited about this! He appears to have athletic gifts but needs a couple go to moves to his strength. What do you see his strengths?

He's very athletic, blocks shots really well, runs the floor well. Just needs to learn to rebound better on the defensive end. 

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Is the rebounding an issue of strength?

I'm kind of old school, rebound is about want to. You either want to do it or you don't. Dennis Rodman wasn't stronger than everyone else. But I think Moore learned that if you don't do these things you don't play. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I imagine the biggest gains from him will be seen in year 2 where he has 6-7 months to work with them without having to worry about games

I can see that.  One thing that can occur as soon as he (any player) arrives on campus is the nutrition and conditioning part of it.  Strength seems to be something that takes a combination of time and physical maturity.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Some of you wise guys are probably still wearing diapers and sucking on pacifiers.  So there!  :103:

Hey! That was only for a couple days after the 1st round of the B1G tournament.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, Stuhoo said:

THE VISIT

Archie: "Thanks for lemonade Mrs. Jackson. That's a lovely pantsuit you're wearing!"

Mr. Jackson and Mrs. Jackson: "(silence)"

Archie: "You nice folks told me that if Romeo was coming to IU that would clinch the commitment for Trayce. Well then ... it's time for Trayce to commit!"

Trayce: "Gosh mom and dad, can I?"

Mr. Jackson (sternly): "Let's Facetime Romeo." (dialing)

Romeo (Answers wearing an "It's Miller Time" t-shirt and drinking a strawberry milkshake): "Howdy sir. Howdy ma'am. Hey Trayce! HOWDY COACH!!"

Archie: "Hello there young fella."

Romeo: "Gosh Coach, I can't wait to play with Trayce and all!"

Mr. Jackson (hangs up on Romeo): "Sissy, get your brother the family ink pen."

Trayce: "GOSH!"

Ahhhh....kids these days!

'Scuse me while I bump what was meant to be hyperbolic silliness!