Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

CCG or Pap have you heard any info on if IU has shown interest in center groves sophomore Trayce Jackson Davis? I just noticed Purdue has offered. I might have to go watch the local team if our interest picks up. I believe his dad is either Antonio Davis or dale davis

Greenwood, IN (Center Grove)
6'8"/210
AAU: Spiece Indy Heat

Rivals

Twitter

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

CCG or Pap have you heard any info on if IU has shown interest in center groves sophomore Trayce Jackson Davis? I just noticed Purdue has offered. I might have to go watch the local team if out interest picks up. I believe his dad is either Antonio Davis or dale davis

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Double D is his dad

CCG or Pap have you heard any info on if IU has shown interest in center groves sophomore Trayce Jackson Davis? I just noticed Purdue has offered. I might have to go watch the local team if out interest picks up. I believe his dad is either Antonio Davis or dale davis

Saw him last year as a freshman... wasn't too impressed up hopefully he developed over the summer plus having a year of varsity ball under his belt

On 1/28/2017 at 6:21 PM, Uspshoosier said:

I haven't seen anything yet. 

19 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

@peegs: Indiana joins hunt for in-state big man.

Schilling watched him over the weekend and CAM spoke to him and told him they were going to start recruiting him. Wisky also looking to jump in his recruitment

I don't think the inside out approach is lip service in Archies case. I don't think we take an Indiana kid over an out of stater just because though. I think the in state kids will be recruited early and often and get discerning scouting. Can't take all of them but getting the ones you want would be key.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't think the inside out approach is lip service in Archies case. I don't think we take an Indiana kid over an out of stater just because though. I think the in state kids will be recruited early and often and get discerning scouting. Can't take all of them but getting the ones you want would be key.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And if 2 kids are very similar, take the Hoosier first.

Four-star 6-foot-8 power forward Trayce Jackson-Davis of Center Grove talks with Peegs.com about Indiana, which offer him a scholarship today after a strong showing in the Archie Miller team camp.

After a strong showing in the Archie Miller Indiana team camp today, Trayce Jackson-Davis earned an IU scholarship offer.

The 6-foot-8, 215-pound class of 2019 power forward from Center Grove (IN) High School played very well in three games at the camp.
Afterward, Jackson-Davis and his parents spent time with Miller and the IU coaching staff and he received the IU scholarship offer.
“They said they want to recruit guys in state, and that’s really big. Just building a relationship with them. When then time comes, they’ll definitely be on the radar,” he said.
Team camp was the second visit to IU for Jackson-Davis, whose team played games both in Assembly Hall and Cook Hall. He made an unofficial visit a couple weeks back.
“I like it,” he said of IU. “I haven’t been to a game in a while. I’m going to come to a few this year, see how the atmosphere is. I’ve heard it’s really good.
“They seem really interested in me. Me and coach Miller talk every day. That’s going to play a big part in our relationship when I choose. They’re definitely on the radar.”

As a freshman, he worked mainly on interior moves. He has been adding perimeter, ball handling and mid-range skills to that, and as a sophomore this past season helped coach Zach Hahn’s team win a sectional and reach the Johnson County Tournament title game.
“I’m still working on my outside game, as you can tell,” Jackson-Davis said. “Coach wants me to be able to catch at the key, rip and make a play, but I’m still focusing on my post moves, too. I can always get better at that.”
During the Archie Miller team camp, Jackson-Davis showed how much he has improved, even since his sophomore year concluded.
Jackson-Davis had two strong moves inside that he finished with powerful dunks. He made mid-range jumpers.
He’s a very good athlete with speed, quickness and outstanding agility for his size. He can handle the ball very well for his size, including in the open court at speed.
On one play, he caught a pass just past midcourt, put the ball on the floor, made a move and finished between defenders. He also had a number of zip passes to teammates for open shots.
He also had another play where, following a steal, he went coast to coast on the dribble and finished between two defenders at the rim.
“I thought I played well in certain spots in the first game, but there is always still room for improvement,” Jackson-Davis said. “I need to finish my layups better. I know I had a few missed ones and came up on long on a couple then I dunked it. I need to finish the first one.
“I liked how I drove the ball, kicked it to open teammates in the second game. I started off pretty hot then slowed down. I need to stay hot and have that motor going at all times.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app