Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No. 10 La Lumiere (IN) F Isaiah Stewart (@Dreamville_33): 17 PTS, 10 REB, 4 BLK in a win over Planet Athlete @LaLuBasketball.

His teammate, Tyger Campbell: 19 PTS, 8 AST

Wish we would have made a run at Tyger Campbell.

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Wish we would have made a run at Tyger Campbell.

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm inclined to think there are some behind-the-basketball-scene issues that caused Archie and staff to not show any interest in Campbell.  On the other hand, maybe Campell made it clear he had zero interest in IU.  

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm inclined to think there are some behind-the-basketball-scene issues that caused Archie and staff to not show any interest in Campbell.  On the other hand, maybe Campell made it clear he had zero interest in IU.  

Others reported that CAM and staff was not interested in him in their program. You or I had a better shot then Campbell

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tyger isn't necessarily better than RP anyway. Maybe, but not clearly.

If we were going to bring in 2 PGS, it only really made sense if one was an elite one and done. And even that didn't fully make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He would have been if he stayed in 2019. I was unaware that CAM had stated he didn't want him as part of the IU program.  

From Jerry Meyer:  

Michigan State, Texas and Virginia all paid 2019 top 30 post player Isaiah Stewart a visit on Wednesday per recruiting analyst Andrew Slater.  Tom Izzo and Dane Fife of Michigan State, Shaka Smart of Texas and a Virginia assistant all watched Stewart, who is 6-8, 243-pounds and from Rochester, New York but attending La Lumber School.  A physical beast down low with mobility and a high skill level, Stewart is ranked No. 30 in the 247Sports Composite.  Duke is considered the leader in his recruitment. Notre Dame also has a Crystal Ball prediction.

Love how LaLumiere became La Lumber but I suppose that's better than La Bamba!  lol

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Jerry Meyer:  

Michigan State, Texas and Virginia all paid 2019 top 30 post player Isaiah Stewart a visit on Wednesday per recruiting analyst Andrew Slater.  Tom Izzo and Dane Fife of Michigan State, Shaka Smart of Texas and a Virginia assistant all watched Stewart, who is 6-8, 243-pounds and from Rochester, New York but attending La Lumber School.  A physical beast down low with mobility and a high skill level, Stewart is ranked No. 30 in the 247Sports Composite.  Duke is considered the leader in his recruitment. Notre Dame also has a Crystal Ball prediction.

Love how LaLumiere became La Lumber but I suppose that's better than La Bamba!  lol

If Izzo and Fife want to focus on Stewart and leave Brooks and TJD for us that's fine with me.

La Lumiere (IN) F Isaiah Stewart:  27 PTS, 24 REB (10 OFF) in a 102-48 win over Marquette Catholic. 
 [more of a courtesy game to a fellow LaPorte Co. school and certainly a far lesser caliber school than LaLumiere typically plays.]

Broke the scoresheet in this one. I think we are dealing with the big boys here. We won't get IS.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app