Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

Corey Evans - 

Five-star junior Isaiah Stewart  has taken the next step with his recruitment as he has narrowed his list of college suitors to a group of ten.

A top-10 frontcourt prospect in the 2019 class, Stewart told Rivals.com that he has decided to narrow his college list to Duke, Villanova, Michigan State, Indiana, Texas, Louisville, Syracuse, Washington, Georgetown and Notre Dame. 

“I choose these 10 schools because I felt they fit me the best and I can see myself there,” he said. “After Peach Jam, USA Basketball is coming up so that’s my main focus besides the list as of right now. I’ll cut it again after July and start planning my officials.”

Stewart is one of the most dominant frontline prospects at the high school level and has continued to put up big numbers this spring. On the Nike EYBL circuit, Stewart has posted averages of 17.6 points off of 59 percent shooting from the floor, 10.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.

Expect another list sometime in late July or early August, visits shortly thereafter and a signing in the fall.

I don’t think we get him as others hopefully commit before he makes a decision(TDJ, Watford). I like our strategy in recruiting top players like Stewart and Hurt. It may help push others to commit and the longer these play out(Romeo); our chances go up on 5 star talent. If we have 4 to give with 3 bigs/wings and a guard, take 2 wings when they’re ready and hold 1 for a later decision. The staff wants Carton or another PG but Newman’s play may make the staff offer this Hoosier vs waiting. All speculation of course.

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Eric bossi doesn’t think we have a real shot here.. hopefully he’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree with him, but then again getting him on campus can always change things in a hurry. I love the level of recruits we are getting on campus.

41 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we land any 3 of the guys Archie is pursuing now blue blood status appears to be back. 

The reason we arent bickering about recruits this summer is because we arent debating who is more likely to be a diamond in the rough. 

We are essentially choosing between types of bacon. And who cares they are all great. 

The bacon still has to choose us. There's no requirement that anyone on our list commits to IU. It's not an 'if not Stewart then some other 5 star big"  Might be, might not.

15 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

The bacon still has to choose us. There's no requirement that anyone on our list commits to IU. It's not an 'if not Stewart then some other 5 star big"  Might be, might not.

Which is why i wrote the first sentence of my post. Literally the first sentence

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is why i wrote the first sentence of my post. Literally the first sentence

LITERALLY,  we aren't choosing between the 3... 

LITERALLY, my 2nd sentence went beyond the 3 on your first sentence to all of em, to any of em.

It's not a big deal to have someone expand or disagree with a post you made.

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

LITERALLY,  we aren't choosing between the 3... 

LITERALLY, my 2nd sentence went beyond the 3 on your first sentence to all of em, to any of em.

It's not a big deal to have someone expand or disagree with a post you made.

You didnt expand on or disagree. You pointed out a flaw that wasnt there. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

We are essentially choosing between types of bacon. And who cares they are all great

Forget the rest, this is 100% flawed, but didn't mean to ruin your day.

If someone we have targeted commits, that will be awesome. We don't have a guarantee for any of our targets to come, just because we miss on another.

15 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Forget the rest, this is 100% flawed, but didn't mean to ruin your day.

If someone we have targeted commits, that will be awesome. We don't have a guarantee for any of our targets to come, just because we miss on another.

You are correct we don't have any guarantees but our recruiting is so much more focused and we seem to have genuine reciprocal interest from a number of targets.  I believe our '19 pool of targets gives us plenty of latitude to work with and when all is said and done, we'll be very pleased with our '19 class. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You are correct we don't have any guarantees but our recruiting is so much more focused and we seem to have genuine reciprocal interest from a number of targets.  I believe our '19 pool of targets gives us plenty of latitude to work and when all is said and done, we'll be very pleased with our '19 class. 

I agree, but everyone seems to be acting like 3 of those on our list must pick us.  I believe we will land a good class,  but we aren't required to land a good class, because we have good targets.

It's certainly better than discussing April and Priller, but doesn't mean the results will be 3-5 stars

20 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Discussing which highly touted recruited we might get is so much better than "plan H might be a diamond in the rough because his high school coach said good things about him".

Most definitely, but it doesn't prevent new plans come September.