Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

Admittedly I don't know much background about this recruitment, but it seems like this one is harder to read. Has anyone heard any information on Stewart that could show potential favorite(s) or leader(s)? And while I assume we would take Stewart and TJD, would this be a situation like Franklin/ Newman where we could only get 1 because of competition of minutes at the same spot? 

16 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Admittedly I don't know much background about this recruitment, but it seems like this one is harder to read. Has anyone heard any information on Stewart that could show potential favorite(s) or leader(s)? And while I assume we would take Stewart and TJD, would this be a situation like Franklin/ Newman where we could only get 1 because of competition of minutes at the same spot? 

Well, Duke is hard on him so I'm sure they think they are his leaders. No, they would play at the same school. Stewart is a 5, TJD a 4. Also think Stewart is a one and done, as TJD might be two

Well, Duke is hard on him so I'm sure they think they are his leaders. No, they would play at the same school. Stewart is a 5, TJD a 4. Also think Stewart is a one and done, as TJD might be two

I don’t see them going to the same school. Personally watching them, they both are more effective in the same space which is the low post and neither of them has an expanded range shooting the ball. I would argue Stewart should be the 4 and TJD the 5 if they went to the same school because from what I have seen Stewart shoots it better then TJD up until this point

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I don’t see them going to the same school. Personally watching them, they both are more effective in the same space which is the low post and neither of them has an expanded range shooting the ball. I would argue Stewart should be the 4 and TJD the 5 if they went to the same school because from what I have seen Stewart shoots it better then TJD up until this point

I think our best shot at Stewart is if he and/or TJD have visions of being more than a low post player. That may not end up being their college reality. but on the other hand, the presence of Haas is a big part of what got Swanigan to Purdue. Having another low post option allows IU to credibly tell either TJD or Stewart that they won't need to be tethered to the low post.

Similarly, having Hunter and Smith allows Keion Brooks to credibly visualize playing the shooting guard role at IU.

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Now my hopes for a super class are ramping up again!

Franklin, Ramsey, Brooks, Jackson, Stewart. I don't know how the numbers will work out, but that's not my problem.

2 seniors graduate.

Romeo to NBA.

Unexpected NBA entry (Smith?)

1 transfer. 

Seems unlikely that all those dominoes will fall, but stranger things have happened. I expect 4 open slots for freshmen next year so 5 isn't a total stretch!

2 seniors graduate.
Romeo to NBA.
Unexpected NBA entry (Smith?)
1 transfer. 
Seems unlikely that all those dominoes will fall, but stranger things have happened. I expect 4 open slots for freshmen next year so 5 isn't a total stretch!

You are like the 3rd person I’ve see mention Smith maybe jumping to the NBA. While crazier things have happened it would take a lot for that to happen: he is a tweener: just not sure what position he would play in the NBA with his current skill set. I don’t see him being able to guard 4s ins the nba like OG could and I don’t see him being able to stay in front of 3s right now. Maybe he gets there but it would take an Oladipo and then some type jump

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You are like the 3rd person I’ve see mention Smith maybe jumping to the NBA. While crazier things have happened it would take a lot for that to happen: he is a tweener: just not sure what position he would play in the NBA with his current skill set. I don’t see him being able to guard 4s ins the nba like OG could and I don’t see him being able to stay in front of 3s right now. Maybe he gets there but it would take an Oladipo and then some type jump

Yes I don't think it will happen either (<50%). I could see him making a huge jump but still not enough to get to NBA levels, although with his athleticism he certainly has a shot. I was just coming up with a hypothetical scenario in which we had 5 open scholarships after this season, and Smith is my best guess outside of Romeo for a chance at the pros in 2019. It is possible that 2 transfers would be the more likely outcome. 

46 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Yea, but he has a 76" vertical!!

14 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

And the Oladipo jump was Junior year, not Sophomore

I'd call this CB pick as much good news as bad. Duke was presumed favorite for months, and the insider doesn't think he's going there. Also didn't pick Villanova, who was supposed to be the flavor of the month. 

I'd prefer we're up against just MSU at this point.