Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

On 1/21/2018 at 11:13 AM, Iugradman said:

A poster on Peegs said Stewart will attend the IU-PU game. Not sure how I feel about that.

@JeffRabjohns: On Peegs.com: Brian Snow's weekly Indiana basketball update. A major recruit visiting IU soon, Romeo Langford notes, the latest on several other key #iubb recruiting targets. From @BSnow247 

Brian Snow -

Five-star prospect Isaiah Stewart has been busy recently. Not only has he been dominating on the court for La Lumiere, but he also has been making unofficial visits. Stewart recently made a trio of trips, with one big ACC visit coming up in the near future.

Already Stewart has scholarship offers from Texas, Xavier, Duke, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Syracuse, Maryland, Oklahoma and others.

Most recently Stewart made an unofficial visit to South Bend to see the Fighting Irish, and he came away very impressed.

"It was a great experience," said Stewart of Notre Dame. "My family got a chance to come up. I’ve been there twice, and it was my mom’s first time being able to visit. She enjoyed it and loved the atmosphere. She talked to some of the parents and got to know them, and I talked with the players. The visit just went great."

Prior to visiting Notre Dame, Stewart made back to back Big Ten trips. He visited Michigan State on a Friday night before then visiting Indiana on a Saturday for their home game against Purdue.

About the trip to East Lansing, Stewart said, "That atmosphere was crazy. Their fans are just as crazy as any in the nation. Coach (Tom) Izzo is a great coach, and I really liked how he ran his practice."

Stewart continued, "I love the emotion (Izzo) coaches with and they coach their guys hard and get them better. It is a very energetic program and I like how they use their big men. I have a pretty good relationship with Coach (Dane) Fife. We talk a lot and he talked to me a lot bout their program."

When it comes to Indiana, Stewart said, "It was crazy. They are crazy about basketball in Indiana and the fans are amazing. The visit went great. It was my first game where things were like that. It was as good an atmosphere as I have seen at a game."

He continued, "I talked to the coaches after and it was a good experience. It was just a great time overall."

According to Stewart, both Indiana and Notre Dame presented him with plans for how they want to use him.

"Indiana wants to play me like Juwan Morgan," explained Stewart. "Notre Dame wants to use me like Bonzie Colson. Pretty much both schools want to bring me in and develop me and make me a guy who can shot and dribble as well as play inside."

During his visit to Indiana, Stewart also had a chance to see Purdue play. The Boilermakers are one of the schools recruiting Stewart the hardest, and they made an impression with their style of play.

"Coach (Matt) Painter is a guy who embraces big men," said Stewart. "They throw the ball to their big men all day long. Their program is based on what I do. They develop their guys and have a good history of power forwards who have done big things."

He continued about the Boilermakers, "Purdue is a good spot for players like me, and I have a good relationship with Coach Painter and Coach (Steve) Lutz."

Also on Tuesday, Texas boss Shaka Smart made the trip to La Porte to check in on Stewart, and that left an impression on the five-star prospect.

"Coach Smart is my guy," said Stewart. "I talk to the whole coaching staff at Texas a lot. They hit me up almost every day. He came up, and we spoke a little bit and he watched the game. He came up after their game and even though they lost, he still came up and showed me some love."

Stewart went on, "(Smart) is saying how I am their priority and how bad he wants to coach me. He thinks I fit in great with what they do and that they are having some success with players at my position and developing guys like me to the NBA."

While recruiting has been busy, Stewart is trying to mostly focus on improving and his high school season. Still there is one big ACC visit he is set to make.

"I’ll be heading down to Duke March 3 when they play North Carolina," said Stewart.

About what he's expecting, Stewart said, "I know it is going to be crazy. I know Duke fans are crazy. I am looking forward to it, and I know it will be a great atmosphere."

Stewart currently has no plans for when he wants to narrow down his school list.

LaLumiere was beaten by Findley Prep  (NV) 66-54 in the quarterfinals of the GEICO High School Nationals.  Isaiah Stewart had 23 points, 14 rebounds in the loss.  He skipped the McD game to play in this game.

LaLumiere was beaten by Findley Prep  (NV) 66-54 in the quarterfinals of the GEICO High School Nationals.  Isaiah Stewart had 23 points, 14 rebounds in the loss.  He skipped the McD game to play in this game.

Kinda cool move by him not playing in an all star game for his team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bol Bol for Findley Prep skipped the McD game. Stewart is a junior and wouldn’t be able to participate

Bol Bol for Findley Prep skipped the McD game. Stewart is a junior and wouldn’t be able to participate

Oh well then out on Stewart, all in on Bol Bol, son of Manute Bol, Breaker of Perceived Height Limit Expectations

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

That is true about Stewart but the article summarizing the game contained that statement.   I didn't make it up!!!!!