Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

He's a '19 but playing "up" in the 17U division.  Certainly doesn't stand outside and jack up 3's; weak FT shooter; consistent rebounding effort.

Isaiah Stewart '19 (PF) Albany City Rocks     HAS IU OFFER  
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/21 7 2 2 0 0 3 6 7 0 3 1 2 n.a.
4/22 13 5 8 0 0 3 5 6 0 2 0 0 20
4/22 8 4 12 0 0 0 1 9 0 1 0 0 28
4/23 15 6 16 0 0 3 5 19 2 2 0 0 29
Avg 10.8 45%   #DIV/0!   53%   10 1 2 0   26
# Gms 4                        

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/05/01/2019-forward-isaiah-stewart-excited-by-indiana-offer/

Stewart sounds like really excited about getting an IU offer in this ITH article. Also, Exhibit A for why it is monumentally stupid for fans on Twitter to be trashing Bryant for making his NBA decision. These kids are friends with other prospects. They remain valuable members of the IU family even when they leave.

1 hour ago, ramadden13 said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/05/01/2019-forward-isaiah-stewart-excited-by-indiana-offer/

Stewart sounds like really excited about getting an IU offer in this ITH article. Also, Exhibit A for why it is monumentally stupid for fans on Twitter to be trashing Bryant for making his NBA decision. These kids are friends with other prospects. They remain valuable members of the IU family even when they leave.

That kid is a '19?  Physically he looks a lot like De'ron, who's almost 21, except he runs the floor much better.

Impressive! I get that it's a highlight reel but the kid is physically ready for college. He also had a feel for when to go up with power and when to move with finesse. He seems to know where to give a target for the entry pass but that's much easier against kids a foot shorter than you. He plays with passion and aggression. Looking forward to how this kid develops and how we recruit him. All the big schools will be offering him soon.

He's a '19 so there's a lot of time but it doesn't sound like we've been overly aggressive in our recruiting efforts since extending our April offer.

Four have Isaiah Stewart's full attention

Isaiah Stewart has emerged as one of the top post players in the 2019 class and currently comes in as the No. 37 overall player in the 2019 Rivals150. With his play so far this travel season in the Nike EYBL, the City Rocks star has seen his recruitment really pick up.

Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh are his most recent offers. The New York native says Marquette, Maryland, Georgetown and Xavier are the schools really prioritizing him right now. Syracuse has also offered and Duke has started to show a little interest.

Maryland: “I like their program. I think it’s a really good program. I would love to visit and see how it goes and meet their staff.”

Marquette: “They have been telling how they want to really recruit me hard and build a relationship with my family. It’s a good program.”

Georgetown: “Georgetown is a really good program. I’m a fan of Patrick Ewing. Growing up, I used to always see highlights of him.”

Xavier: “That’s another program that said they want to start recruiting me hard. They have picked it up lately.”

WHAT'S NEXT?

Stewart doesn’t have any visits planned right now, but he did mention that Duke, Maryland and Xavier have all been working to get him on campus for an unofficial visit. He’ll be finishing the travel season next month with the City Rocks. A decision likely won’t be coming soon.

RIVALS' REACTION

It’s very early in the process, but the four schools Stewart said are pushing the hardest right now all seem to have his full attention. For a kid from New York, even though he was born after Patrick Ewing left the Knicks, it will be interesting to see how Ewing being the new Georgetown head coach will factor into his recruitment.

From the Nike Elite 100 Camp:

How he stood out: A bull in a China shop, Stewart is built quite powerfully and he sought out contact. Good hands, high running motor and the toughness to play as a five man in college.

Recruitment: Syracuse, Northwestern, Washington, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Providence, Georgetown and many others have offered.

From Basketball Recruiting:

ST. LOUIS – A 6-foot-7 power forward with a 7-foot-2 wingspan, Isaiah Stewart has cemented his standing as a top-50 recruit on the EYBL 17-U circuit. Several brand name programs have begun to chase.

Stewart has been the model of efficiency this spring, as he has averaged over 11 points and eight rebounds. A four-star 2019 big man, Stewart has impressed with his toughness, length and motor.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Stewart noted the uptick in his recruitment since June 15, the first day of official contact with the college coaches.

“It has been Xavier, Maryland, Georgetown, FSU, Minnesota, Indiana, California and Syracuse,” he said. “They have all been contacting me pretty often. It has been those schools that text me every day and call me.”

Stewart spoke about a few of those in pursuit.

Syracuse: “It was late on June 15 that Jim Boeheim gave me a call. He just let me know that I am a priority for them. They haven’t shown as much interest as other schools, but they did tell me that I am a priority.

“Originally, it was really Hop (Mike Hopkins) recruiting me, but Jim Boeheim is a great coach and a great person.”

Georgetown: “(Patrick Ewing) always tells me that he wants me to be the next big guy to come out of Georgetown. He calls my dad and calls me; we talk every once in a while and he just tells me how bad that he wants me at Georgetown. He always checks up on me and asks about school and my workouts.”

Maryland: “They are kind of new. (Kevin Broadus) calls me every other day. I just got off the phone with him. He just tells me that I got to get on campus and that I would love it there.”

Xavier: “Coach (Luke) Murray always calls me and texts me. They tell me that I am their No. 1 guy in the 2019 class and how much I mean to them.”

Duke: “It is great to see that Duke is showing some interest. They are a great school with a great atmosphere. Who doesn’t love Duke?”

WHAT'S NEXT?

Stewart will finish out his junior summer next month with the Albany City Rocks 17-under team.

Following the July evaluation periods, Stewart has a few trips in mind.

“I am starting to plan some unofficial visits after Peach Jam in July,” he said. “I was talking to Jon Scheyer from Duke and he wants to get me down on campus, but also Maryland.

“I will be taking a visit down to Notre Dame again in August and Xavier and Georgia Tech want to get me down.”

RIVALS' REACTION

There aren’t many more sure fire bets than Isaiah Stewart when looking for a productive college big man in 2019. There is still some time to go before a college commitment takes place, but do expect Syracuse, Notre Dame, Xavier, Maryland and Georgetown to be among the programs under consideration until the very end.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/19/rochester-native-isaiah-stewart-talks-indiana-thomas-bryant/

Couple of extracts:

Stewart, a Rochester, New York native, is close friends with former Hoosier and fellow Rochester product Thomas Bryant...

“Coach Archie Miller has been texting me,” Stewart said of Indiana’s involvement. “He’ll text me every day or two and check up on me and see how I’m doing and how things are going.”

Georgetown is also involved and Stewart says new head coach Patrick Ewing makes the Hoyas an interesting option.

“Patrick Ewing is making me a priority,” he said. “He definitely knows what he’s doing when it comes to big men and he’s been to a level that other big men want to get to.”