Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

4 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

From what is said on twitter:

Archie has taken Matt Hurt and the entire IUBB staff to Nicks for lunch today! BOOM!!!!

we are gonna get this kid

Hopefully Hurt picked up his own tab!! I assume that's still a rule on an unofficial anyhow? Though I think there are bigger fish a fryin right now.

Edited by rcsalway29

Unless he doesnt want to miss the boat due to lack of scholarships. Probably just messing with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably not messing with us just tweeting a good friend who was an AAU teammate. Those 2 have tweeted that back and forth to each other before.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just watched a few more videos on him. Holy cow, this dude is the real deal. I’m trying to figure out who he reminds me of, I get a little of Zack Collins but with some more offensive skill. His chemistry with Race is awesome btw.

Edit: that comparison could totally just be the fact that they are tall, skinny white dudes so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just watched a few more videos on him. Holy cow, this dude is the real deal. I’m trying to figure out who he reminds me of, I get a little of Zack Collins but with some more offensive skill. His chemistry with Race is awesome btw.

Edit: that comparison could totally just be the fact that they are tall, skinny white dudes so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think it's just because they are both long, lanky and white, their game and skill set is similar. He is a sure bet to be a one and done if he wants to be

From the highlights I've seen he has a great feel for the game.
- pushes his man up the lane for entry pass
- his defender overplays he backcuts
- good timing on blocks
- blocks out first then goes for the rebound
- good passer

He would be an excellent addition. If we land him does he play the 4 or 5 in college? We'll have Davis (?), Moore (?), Thompson, and Forrester at the 4/5 already. I know he'd play in front of many of them though.

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did he actually take his unofficial to UK. If he did seems they didn't make an impression. 

I think it's either today or tomorrow. His tweet last night was geotagged in Louisville so he's definitely on his way there. There's been conjecture that he is still going to the Louisville football game today because his parents are Murray State alumni. Basketball is off the table though. 

I'll take the most talented kids we can get as long as they are good kids. Hurt, Watford, Brooks, Coleman and others fit the billing.

I like and trust how Arizona recruits. I keep hoping and ultimately expecting our recruiting to mimic Arizona's.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not to get off topic but you may want to rethink this statement

Not to get off topic but you may want to rethink this statement

Yep. This thought I'm sure has crossed all of our minds over the last week.

Arizona was doing what all the other big programs are doing and doing it better than most.

I have mixed feelings on all this. I don't think they can ever fix the cheating. The teams that figure out how to best bend the rules will usually get the best players and generally be better teams. History indicates this.

I don't want us to cheat ever but I don't want us to lose eternally because others are. Mixed bag.

What to do?