Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Kansas is thought to be the leader but the latest FBI investigation developments has to help us against them. Top recruits like Hurt who are likely one and done would not want to go to a school for their one year in college that could end up being banned from the tournament. Suddenly-we are in this race. Race Thompson helps us here. Hurt also recently played with Trendon Watford at an all star game Final Four weekend. Would love to see them both at IU!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hmmmm-I knew Watford was at the final four junior all star game with Hurt—but did not realize TJ Davis was there too. Maybe we have something brewing here!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Blue Bloods and little Penny.

Hurt had home visits last week with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, North Carolina coach Roy Williams, Kentucky coach John Calipari and Kansas coach Bill Self .

He’s not done yet, either.

Indiana’s Archie Miller is due in Friday, UCLA’s Steve Alfordon Monday and Memphis’ Penny Hardaway one day next week.

“I had four last week and I have a couple coming up,” Hurt said Thursday evening by phone. “Those are really the main seven [schools] right now"

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Hurt had home visits last week with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, North Carolina coach Roy Williams, Kentucky coach John Calipari and Kansas coach Bill Self .

Indiana’s Archie Miller is due in Friday, UCLA’s Steve Alfordon Monday and Memphis’ Penny Hardaway one day next week.

“I had four last week and I have a couple coming up,” Hurt said Thursday evening by phone. “Those are really the main seven [schools] right now"

Interesting that Lil' Rick has conceded defeat already...

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

The Blue Bloods and little Penny.

So, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA and ..........Memphis.

Huh.

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Penny hardaway in their with the blue bloods, certainly the outlier in that group

Probably trying to sell him on coming to Memphis and teaming up with James Wiseman. Since Wiseman played for Hardaway in AAU. That and he was probably telling him how big of a check he could write lol.

46 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

In my haste, I missed some stuff, didn't read below the graphic. Here's the entire Zagsblog story.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/12/class-of-2019-standout-matthew-hurt-hosting-a-string-of-blue-bloods-for-home-visits/

With Self likely coaching Hurt I see a major disadvantage. Then again, from what I have read, Calipari coached Langford and supposedly helped steer him away from Kentucky.

I don’t like the company. All of those schools are playing dirty. Memphis had Cal, Pastner, and now Penny Hardaway at least in the top recruiting battles? I hope we stay clean. It’s just not worth it. UNC is the only one who seems to reap adequate benefits for the risks they’re taking.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

52 minutes ago, ray said:

With Self likely coaching Hurt I see a major disadvantage. Then again, from what I have read, Calipari coached Langford and supposedly helped steer him away from Kentucky.

It's definitely an extra opportunity to sell yourself. But, it's also an opportunity to fail the dress rehearsal 

51 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I don’t like the company. All of those schools are playing dirty. Memphis had Cal, Pastner, and now Penny Hardaway at least in the top recruiting battles? I hope we stay clean. It’s just not worth it. UNC is the only one who seems to reap adequate benefits for the risks they’re taking.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

So why recruit? Kentucky and MSU are after Brooks so we should back out?

So why recruit? Kentucky and MSU are after Brooks so we should back out?

There are some players where you have to play a recruiting game I’d rather not play, and other recruits where it is not necessary. Also, I don’t want Indiana to take in the same recruiting strategy as Kentucky or Duke. Strong multi-year players with an occasional 5 star is a better strategy in my opinion. So recruit differently.

7 hours ago, Demo said:

So, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA and ..........Memphis.

Huh.

Penny Hardaway is their new coach. I believe he had a AAU team before he became Memphis coach. He will be k own by these kids, plus he had a good career, too bad he had all those injuries. 

There are some players where you have to play a recruiting game I’d rather not play, and other recruits where it is not necessary. Also, I don’t want Indiana to take in the same recruiting strategy as Kentucky or Duke. Strong multi-year players with an occasional 5 star is a better strategy in my opinion. So recruit differently.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app