Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Who gets playing time over a junior Moore or Smith. Would Hurt, Brooks, or Watford be willing to come off the bench for a year.

If we're going to take the next step we'll need to land these type of recruits and make it work playing as a team.

Honestly If it comes to Brooks/Watford or Moore/Smith riding the bench Id feel better with the upper classmen riding the pine.

No need to worry on it. 

IUBB needs to get excellent players, keep roster balance, NOT have 13 players in any given year who expect rotation-level minutes, and win, win, win.

Matthew Hurt is a fantastic player; the #6 overall in 2019, who we have a real chance with. If he comes to IU, he'll  be good enough to see the court right away; he'll earn it in the eyes of the staff.

Happy, happy, happy.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No need to worry on it. 

IUBB needs to get excellent players, keep roster balance, NOT have 13 players in any given year who expect rotation-level minutes, and win, win, win.

Matthew Hurt is a fantastic player; the #6 overall in 2019, who we have a real chance with. If he comes to IU, he'll  be good enough to see the court right away; he'll earn it in the eyes of the staff.

Happy, happy, happy.

My guess are order for next year is Brooks, than Hurt, than Watford but just a guess

Just now, Chris007 said:

My guess are order for next year is Brooks, than Hurt, than Watford but just a guess

My take?

We will push very hard for as many of those three as we can get, with a real purpose to achieve the goal with at least two of them. This will be buttressed by the pressure on the recruits that we only will have room and playing time to a certain extent once commitments come. 

In other words, the happiest of problems.

I feel like Francis will need to be a priority in 19 if we don't land A high end PG
Francis 
Brooks or Watford
Wisemsn or Hurt
would be a great class

I see what you're saying but I'm not a huge fan of Francis. He's good yes, but he looks to be overweight and short. Not sure how he does it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I see what you're saying but I'm not a huge fan of Francis. He's good yes, but he looks to be overweight and short. Not sure how he does it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who says you can't win a title with an overweight and short point guard?

Screen_Shot_2014-10-08_at_11.54.39_AM.png

I just realized that Hurt has some potential for the dirtiest dirty recruiting ever

Little Pitino - "So I heard you talked to my dad yesterday.  How did he sound, is he alright.  Hes been so forgetful lately I just worry about him.  My wife and I were out all weekend looking at retirement communities for him.  But anyway, you have been having quite the season...."

Old Pitino - "Oh my son said he was worried about me, thats sweet we always do worry about family.  I remember sleepless nights he would get bullied for his bedwetting problem.  But finally I just had to tell myself, Rick hes in college he will get by"

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I just realized that Hurt has some potential for the dirtiest dirty recruiting ever

Little Pitino - "So I heard you talked to my dad yesterday.  How did he sound, is he alright.  Hes been so forgetful lately I just worry about him.  My wife and I were out all weekend looking at retirement communities for him.  Been anyway, you have been having quite the season...."

Old Pitino - "Oh my son said he was worried about me, thats sweet we always do worry about family.  I remember sleepless nights he we would get bullied for his bedwetting problem.  But finally I just had to tell myself, Rick hes in college he will get by"

I'm literally cracking up at this.

From what i have seen on Hurt in games, he would be a great recruit for us. He is always in the right place on the floor and hustles. would love to get him.

Great recruit for anyone. He's a talented, good kid. Easy to think of a Zeller type impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners