Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Recently Indiana jumped into the mix with an offer, and Archie Miller and his staff continue to make a good impression on Hurt.
"They saw me a lot because at Dayton they were recruiting my AAU teammate McKinley Wright, and they say they love how I play." explained Hurt. "They said they will be at my games in July, and I know they have a great program."
---------

Seems like IU's recruitment of Hurt is still in the early stages. Hopefully CAM and Ostrom can make up some ground. Hurt talked favorably about Kansas, Minnesota (where his brother plays), and UNC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

“I think we are going to go to a few football games this year to see Louisville and also go to the Duke and UNC game next year so that should be pretty good,” Hurt stated.

Not saying it's overly significant but we aren't necessarily on the top of his mind or we would've been included in the mix. The article also states Kansas and UNC as early favorites.

“I think we are going to go to a few football games this year to see Louisville and also go to the Duke and UNC game next year so that should be pretty good,” Hurt stated.

Not saying it's overly significant but we aren't necessarily on the top of his mind or we would've been included in the mix. The article also states Kansas and UNC as early favorites.

This kid seems like he could be a one and done, would be pleasantly surprised if we end up in the hunt at the end. Seems like he likes every blueblood with the others being top of mind for him

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

What’s the draw to stay home with Minnesota?
My brother played there so it’s pretty high up there and their program is changing a lot. They’re a great program and Pitino is changing the culture.

Son emulating father?

Scout edited the article for the Indiana x2 typo:

"Which schools do you feel like have really prioritized you to some capacity?
Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Duke I’m open right now."

Indiana still listed first if we want to read those tea leaves. 

Son emulating father?

I think that Minny needs to show that they are still moving fwd in the program and Archie needs to show that he can come in and get some excitement in this program with results. People outside of the state don't have high expectations for next season, but I don't think they realize the young talent/veteran mix that with some good coaching could be a real good product. Picking up Thompson out of their own backyard shouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think we have the room for Hurt, Brooks, and Watford if we keep the wings/bigs we currently have. It would be messing with chemistry if we bring that many in on top of Davis, Moore, Smith, and Thompson. They'll be looking to play early and often. I could see us landing one or maybe two max.

I don't think we have the room for Hurt, Brooks, and Watford if we keep the wings/bigs we currently have. It would be messing with chemistry if we bring that many in on top of Davis, Moore, Smith, and Thompson. They'll be looking to play early and often. I could see us landing one or maybe two max.

Totally agree with that. But sure would be nice to see two. I think Brooks is a solid. You can't turn down one of the others!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app