Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Section One, Class AAAA boys basketball championship game Lakeville North defeated John Marshall 51-46.  Lakeville North has now won seven consecutive section titles, and the past six have come by beating JM in the section finals.  "Lakeville North definitely wanted to try to slow down the 6-foot-9 Hurt, who is one of the top players in the nation for his class.  Hurt came into the game averaging 34.3 points and 14.8 rebounds per game.  He was able to score 23 points, 14 in the first half, and grab 20 rebounds, but he had to work for all of his baskets."

Solid dark horse sounds much better than the "no chance" that many on here have been saying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Does anyone else think that the impact that Cliff Marshall has had on Hurt's buddy Race Thompson could be impacting this at all. I mean for Hurt to increase his NBA draft stock he needs to gain weight and Marshall has definitely helped Race change his body since he got on campus.

34 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Does anyone else think that the impact that Cliff Marshall has had on Hurt's buddy Race Thompson could be impacting this at all. I mean for Hurt to increase his NBA draft stock he needs to gain weight and Marshall has definitely helped Race change his body since he got on campus.

Definitely doesn't "hurt"!  I think it will be more impactful to see the results on the court.

Just now, InArchWeTrust said:

Definitely doesn't "hurt"!  I think it will be more impactful to see the results on the court.

I agree but I'm just referring to Hurt's case because he imo is very similar to TJ Leaf who are both very skilled but underweight and that is one of the big things that has kept TJ Leaf on the bench for the Pacers. If IU can convince him that they can help him bulk up and improve his skills as well I think that is a major selling point. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I agree but I'm just referring to Hurt's case because he imo is very similar to TJ Leaf who are both very skilled but underweight and that is one of the big things that has kept TJ Leaf on the bench for the Pacers. If IU can convince him that they can help him bulk up and improve his skills as well I think that is a major selling point. 

I agree completely!  One result (weight/strength gain) should lead to the other (better performance on the court). 

On 3/28/2018 at 8:53 AM, Chris007 said:

I was told last night that IU is still very much in play with Hurt. The staff has been relentless with him. 

On 3/28/2018 at 8:53 AM, Chris007 said:

I was told last night that IU is still very much in play with Hurt. The staff has been relentless with him. 

If Romeo Langford wasn’t an Indiana born legend, I would say, with no regret, that Matthew Hurt is the best player Archie Miller has had the pleasure to recruit at Indiana. He’s an absolute game changer. Cody Zeller-like impact.....except he is far better imo.

43 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

If Romeo Langford wasn’t an Indiana born legend, I would say, with no regret, that Matthew Hurt is the best player Archie Miller has had the pleasure to recruit at Indiana. He’s an absolute game changer. Cody Zeller-like impact.....except he is far better imo.

Dang always seems like we’re always on the same page. He seems like a season changer.

007 maybe you can attest, Hurt seems like the caliber of player thatll cost some cash. Now I don’t necessarily mind playing the field and doing what the others are doing in order to win, but is that true with Hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners