Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

In all seriousness he looks like a Dukie to me.  I think we'll get TJD though and I'd rather have him as he's an Indiana kid and will be a 2 year player.

Hurt would be one heck of a get but I'd be happy with TJD and Igiehon (or a similar big).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hurt would be one heck of a get but I'd be happy with TJD and Igiehon (or a similar big).

Yeah, I'm the biggest Hurt fan but TJD will make me happy if we are so lucky. Hurt has a skill level that I believe could have a Zeller like immediate impact but I also think TJD could have a huge early impact based on size and athleticism. A no lose situation. Well....unless we miss both of them.

18 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

So are we all saying that he may or may not become the next "Duke Villain" if he goes there. 

I hate all opposing players during the game. Usually, I'm fine with them before and after the game unless, of course, they are a serial "dirty" player.

Anytime we can be considered by 5* / one and done players it's encouraging and I hope we can land them.  That said, I tend to believe that those will not be the players that ultimately define the Archie Miller tenure (and in a way I hope that's true).

Century had been playing better basketball of late. But that momentum didn't matter on Friday night against powerful John Marshall.  The youthful Panthers were no match for the Rockets, who ran away with a 63-34 Big Nine Conference boys basketball win at Century.  Matthew Hurt had 31 points.  Hurt also grabbed 14 rebounds, and had six assists and six steals.

John Marshall defeated Mayo 59-46.  Matthew Hurt, a 6-foot-9 junior forward, paced JM with 21 points and 21 rebounds. He also had 4 assists, 5 steals and 4 blocked shots.  The victory keeps JM in the thick of the Big Nine race. The Rockets, ranked No. 9 in the state in Class AAAA, are now 9-2 in the Big Nine and 14-2 overall. 

John Marshall HS improves to 15-2 getting an  82-60 win over Red Wing.  The 6-foot-9 Hurt poured in 41 points and pulled down 13 rebounds. It was the sixth time in 17 games that Hurt has topped the 40-point mark this season.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:31 AM, Iugradman said:

A poster in the Peegs chat tonight said Hurt’s father told a member of the IU coaching staff that Matthew is going to Duke or Kansas but if IU is able to land an official visit all bets are off. So there’s that.

Hmm so I guess this is good news?

I'd put our chances at about 5% but that's ok, tough job to land an out of state top 5 player.

John Marshall handed Mankato West its sixth-straight loss and did it decisively, beating the Scarlets 76-58 behind 42 points and 10 rebounds by 6-foot-9 star Matthew Hurt.  Hurt also contributed seven blocked shots and five assists.

JM moved to 13-2 in the Big Nine and 17-2 overall. West is 7-9, 10-10.