Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Still leaves him with 1 correct?  So a final official to Bloomington  is still possible?

Yep. Minny will probably get an unofficial since it’s closest and Memphis or IU will get the last official visit if I had to guess

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Winning a recruiting battle against UK, Duke, UNC, and Kansas is possible one way and one way only. I bet he officials to Memphis who is ready to play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s what I’m thinking too, winning this recruiting battle would be awesome but I’d start to question our strategy when knocking off these players for out of state five stars.

Matthew Hurt scored 42 points on Saturday but it wasn't enough as John Marshall opened its season with a second straight loss to a state-ranked team in boys basketball.

The Rockets, ranked No. 10 in Class AAAA, suffered an 81-64 setback to Cretin-Derham Hall in the Breakdown Tip-Off Classic, a one-day event feature a number of top-ranked team from different classes at Hopkins High School. Cretin-Derham Hall is ranked eight in the state in Class AAAA.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Matthew Hurt scored 42 points on Saturday but it wasn't enough as John Marshall opened its season with a second straight loss to a state-ranked team in boys basketball.

The Rockets, ranked No. 10 in Class AAAA, suffered an 81-64 setback to Cretin-Derham Hall in the Breakdown Tip-Off Classic, a one-day event feature a number of top-ranked team from different classes at Hopkins High School. Cretin-Derham Hall is ranked eight in the state in Class AAAA.

Interesting. Must be a one man team.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Winning a recruiting battle against UK, Duke, UNC, and Kansas is possible one way and one way only. I bet he officials to Memphis who is ready to play the game.

You're not wrong. That's not even cynicism, just obvious.  Anyone & everyone consistently signing top 25 players is dirty. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:44 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

John Marshall defeated Winona 85-70.  Matthew Hurt with a school record 55 points.  Hurt added 11 rebounds & 7 assists.  [Not a bad nigh'ts work]

I guess he finally determined, that with his teammates, 25 wasn't going to get it done.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There must be virtually nothing on the team but Hurt as the John Marshall Rocket fell to 1-4 with a 70-59 loss to Austin.  Hurt had 39 pts. and 7 reb.  

Wow, it really does seem he's playing on a very limited roster.  It might raise his stats, but then again, it could be lowering them if teams are concentrating almost exclusively on him.  I wish I could watch a game of theirs to see how he manages double or even triple teams...he seems very capable to create in a traffic jam.

Matthew Hurt moved within four points of 3,000 for his career as John Marshall defeated Woodbury 61-43 in the first round of the Rotary Holiday Classic on Thursday.

The Rockets won in the Olmsted Medical Center Bracket to move to Friday's title game.

Hurt scored 11 of his 19 points in the first half. The 6-foot-9 senior forward added added eight rebounds and eight assists.