Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Do you feel the same way when people make comments about West Lafayette?

Wasn’t his point not to be jealous of the school not the city? In other words, if some school is having some unexpected “success” getting kids to consider them don’t be jealous and take shots at their location.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty sure the comment was made I jest. Rest easy.

Pretty sure a joke about gun violence is quite irresponsible regardless of whether it was made in jest or not.

I appreciate him calling out the other poster for it.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Wasn’t his point not to be jealous of the school not the city? In other words, if some school is having some unexpected “success” getting kids to consider them don’t be jealous and take shots at their location.

In my own defense, I took shots at more than their location. Not sure where the jealousy stuff is coming from. I’m pretty used to other schools being in contact with our recruits... I was simply saying I don’t understand the allure of Memphis...

10 hours ago, Andowen1990IU said:

As some one who has lived in a small-rural town, a college town, and now a city, all have their own dangers and require people to use common sense and awareness to not put yourself in dangerous situations (which I realize for some people it is difficult to escape dangerous environments due to life circumstances). People that think one place is more dangerous than another by nature either a) don't get out much or b) have some bad experience in their life. Both are understandable, but we need to stop with the whole boogeymen mentality of inner cities and realize that there are a lot of good people everywhere and they live in all different places (albeit some bad but there are bad people everywhere too).

Gun violence is never funny but the only people I have ever known to be victims of gun violence were from my hometown in rural southern Indiana, not my current home in Indianapolis. College towns can be really dangerous too (especially for women).

I also believe everywhere has something special to offer. Every city or town is a home to someone and has its own culture, traditions, and experiences to share and enjoy.

It would be cool if Matthew Hurt went to IU, but I am not overly confident. Guy has Duke written all over him.

Great post. And I agree with your conclusion on Hurt. He has Duke written all over him

Very true. I once worked selling insurance and would often be sent to canvass the east Chicago/Gary area. I remember how intimidated I was at first. The area looks like a war zone and all you hear about is the crime rate. After meeting the people in the community, I can say with absolute honesty that it was the greatest collection of human beings I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting.  Nearly every single person welcomed me into their home with open arms and tried to make sure I was fed and had something to drink. Most had jobs and were hard workers. This was eye opening for me. Turn the tube off and base your views of people off of your personal experiences with them. Get uncomfortable. The amount of good human beings exponentially outnumber the bad. This is my personal experience. 
Great post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Very true. I once worked selling insurance and would often be sent to canvass the east Chicago/Gary area. I remember how intimidated I was at first. The area looks like a war zone and all you hear about is the crime rate. After meeting the people in the community, I can say with absolute honesty that it was the greatest collection of human beings I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting.  Nearly every single person welcomed me into their home with open arms and tried to make sure I was fed and had something to drink. Most had jobs and were hard workers. This was eye opening for me. Turn the tube off and base your views of people off of your personal experiences with them. Get uncomfortable. The amount of good human beings exponentially outnumber the bad. This is my personal experience. 

As someone from a city that borders those two, I thank you for this post. Having mansions, run down areas, and farms, all within a 15 minute radius of me has opened my eyes to many lifestyles and has taught me some valuable lessons in my short life.

I've just made my third move within Indiana (NWI, Bloomington, and now Indianapolis.) And I grow more appreciative of this great state every year. 

On ‎07‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, Andowen1990IU said:

As some one who has lived in a small-rural town, a college town, and now a city, all have their own dangers and require people to use common sense and awareness to not put yourself in dangerous situations (which I realize for some people it is difficult to escape dangerous environments due to life circumstances). People that think one place is more dangerous than another by nature either a) don't get out much or b) have some bad experience in their life. Both are understandable, but we need to stop with the whole boogeymen mentality of inner cities and realize that there are a lot of good people everywhere and they live in all different places (albeit some bad but there are bad people everywhere too).

Gun violence is never funny but the only people I have ever known to be victims of gun violence were from my hometown in rural southern Indiana, not my current home in Indianapolis. College towns can be really dangerous too (especially for women).

I also believe everywhere has something special to offer. Every city or town is a home to someone and has its own culture, traditions, and experiences to share and enjoy.

It would be cool if Matthew Hurt went to IU, but I am not overly confident. Guy has Duke written all over him.

I would encourage you to visit West Baltimore, then tell me that one place isn't as dangerous as another.

Also, looks like there isn't much of a chance with Hurt at this point. Hope IU is focusing on the in-state guys as opposed to battling with Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas.

49 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I would encourage you to visit West Baltimore, then tell me that one place isn't as dangerous as another.

Also, looks like there isn't much of a chance with Hurt at this point. Hope IU is focusing on the in-state guys as opposed to battling with Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas.

Yea, that's a pretty daunting top 3. Here's to hoping IU gets to the level where we're the one mentioned with these top recruits on a regular basis real soon.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten

2019 five-star Matthew Hurt has scheduled three in-home visits, he tells Stockrisers.  Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas will all be in on September 9th to visit with Hurt.

the Rat,  the Slime ball and the Hairpiece,