Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

41 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not meaning to not pick, but getting who we need each year is our goal, that could mean needing 3x 5*s in one class and then maybe 4*s for the next 2 years. It’s always going to fluctuate what we need and that is where Crean was a disaster. He didn’t know know how to build a well balanced roster and I hope Archie is light years better there

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely agree here. 

I want to see a roster of 4-5 star players that are all multiple year guys. If you get the occasional 1 and done bc they are from in state, then great. Sprinkle in some grad transfers or 3 star program guys. 

Not meaning to not pick, but getting who we need each year is our goal, that could mean needing 3x 5*s in one class and then maybe 4*s for the next 2 years. It’s always going to fluctuate what we need and that is where Crean was a disaster. He didn’t know know how to build a well balanced roster and I hope Archie is light years better there

You’re right, but I think if you play out your point here, you’re trying to mostly recruit high potential 3 stars and solid 4 stars to fill 7-9 of your scholarships over multiple years, and then fill in the gaps with the best talent you can get. Definitely not the UK approach, so I think we’re in agreement.

My original point was that I don’t like the look of this recruitment. Too many rotten apples. I don’t want to play the dirty recruiting game for one year of a player. There’s a ton of risk that they get injured or struggle, and then you took on huge program risk for very little.

I really do feel like we will at least make his final list. 

I've thought we'd make his final list but not truly have a shot. We have a legit shot now. If we can have a great season and show that the only thing we're missing is Hurt we could do the impossible.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I do think we have a shot here.  I'm not sure where he would play if we get Jackson-Davis and Brooks/Watford but you make room and playing time for a player like Hurt. 

and give him a key to the weight room and a bathtub full of creatine, boy that kid is skinny!