Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Jalen Carey to Syracuse

Syracuse 3 deep with Jim Boeheim for 2018 Playaz PG Jalen Carey @yungswae5
@adamzagoria

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hard time believing we get Carey when we are currently focusing our assets on other players while other teams can bring three coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

Hard time believing we get Carey when we are currently focusing our assets on other players while other teams can bring three coaches.

Knowing who is watching a particular game of yours in only a part of the equation.

Maybe we still have a shot here?

Update from Inside the Hall

"According to Carey, Indiana has remained in contact since extending a scholarship offer on April 24.

'Coach Bruiser (Flint) hits me up a lot and I’ve already spoken with Archie Miller,' he said. 'They offered me as well. Hopefully, I’ll probably try to get out there as it gets closer and try to build a relationship.'

The talented combo guard said he wants to make a decision before his high school season and he’s already got a good idea of what he’ll be looking for when it comes time to make a decision.

'I’m looking for a brotherhood and my main goal is to play at the NBA level,' Carey explained. 'So a team that’s going to help me develop my game and get me ready for that level.'

In addition to IU, Carey mentioned Syracuse, UConn, Miami, Kansas, Seton Hall and Rutgers as the schools coming hardest in his recruitment. Carey said he definitely wants to visit Kansas and 'probably' Indiana.

The Indiana recruiting pitch appears to be focused on Carey fitting into the new staff’s style of play.

'They think I’ll be able to come in right away (and play),' he said. 'The feel like I play their system great. They play with guards, play with a lot of ball screens and stuff like that, so they feel as if I’ll be able to come in and fit that system.'"

Edited by HOOsier Thunder

5 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I really thought we threw in the towel on him. With 3 commits already locked up, I really like the idea of bringing multiple coaches to the games of dort, Romeo, Moses, and I guess now Carey

Agreed with one coach going to see the 19 recruits a bit. Especially their lead recruiter  

On that note could we maybe add to the recruiting thread who the lead recruiter is?

I feel the same and very strongly as well.

Romeo
Dort
Carey
Garland

In that order. Garland seems to be cooling on us and obviously we still need to try, but I feel like Carey really likes us or after not watching a lot the last month and still wanting to "probably" visit, then he could be a kid we get. Garland sounds more and more less likely.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel the same and very strongly as well.

Romeo
Dort
Carey
Garland

In that order. Garland seems to be cooling on us and obviously we still need to try, but I feel like Carey really likes us or after not watching a lot the last month and still wanting to "probably" visit, then he could be a kid we get. Garland sounds more and more less likely.

Moses is right at the top if we actually have a shot. I still haven't seen much tho.