Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Jalen Carey to Syracuse

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He said as long as CAM is making him a priority, IU would be a priority school for him. Looking to set up a visit when CAM wants him to visit.
According to an article by Mike Pegram

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well hell, that sounds pretty darn good!

Would be a fantastic player at IU.

He said he sees himself as a Vic Oladipo type player. Wants to play right away. Sees himself as an NBA player. No timetable as he knows he needs to improve. His favorite player is Westbrook.

Gotta make sure he buys into TEAM and College but I love his game. 6'3" Athletic point guard that can absolutely shoot the rock.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He said he sees himself as a Vic Oladipo type player. Wants to play right away. Sees himself as an NBA player. No timetable as he knows he needs to improve. His favorite player is Westbrook.

Gotta make sure he buys into TEAM and College but I love his game. 6'3" Athletic point guard that can absolutely shoot the rock.

And built to defend.

The link is mostly video clips of Carey.

"Spring is a time when the weather gets warmer, the flowers bloom, and 2018 grad Jalen Carey tears up the Under Armour Association. If Drake claimed “Summer Sixteen,” I think Jalen’s got a case for Spring ’17.

Not only did he shoot 47.3 percent from three, he also lead the NJ Playaz in scoring. Oh yeah, and along the way Jalen picked up offers from Kansas, Indiana, and Texas. A nice little spring if I do say so myself."

https://www.itsovertime.com/jalen-carey-offers-eybl/

Notes from NBPA Camp media scrum:

• Cited Kansas, UCONN, Syracuse, Miami, Oregon as recruiting him hard
  • Unofficially visited UCONN, Rutgers, Seton Hall
  • Archie talks with him at least once a week
  • "Doesn't know that much about the program (IU)"; trying to get more familiar with it
  • Unofficially visiting Syracuse next week
  • Hasn't planned a visit to Indiana yet

My thoughts: Sounds like Archie needs to keep working hard to get him on campus and get in the "leaders" group. One positive is that he hasn't taken an unofficial outside of the NJ/NY area, so it's not like we've been skipped over yet. 

http://247sports.com/Article/Quick-QA-With-63-2018-Four-Star-PG-Jalen-Carey-Kansas-UConnn-53216849

...They play a lot of guards too.

Yeah. And Indiana’s in there.

Is Indiana because of the new staff?

It’s the new staff. Archie Miller, he’s been contacting me a lot. We’re both big time LeBron fans. I’ve been cool with those guys. It's a great program.

Charlottesville, VA. – – on the final day of pool play at the NBPA Top 100 camp, four phenomenal recruits stood out from the rest of the pack. Day 3 of the camp was action packed and a great preview for Saturday’s playoffs.

Jalen Carey is a 6’4 guard with the ability to excel at either guard positions, but he prefers to play and be recruited as a point guard at the next level. Carey is a good ball handler with the excellent vision, hands to find teammates in position for easy scores. Carey possesses a knack for putting the ball in the basket with high volume. His 21 point outing Friday showed a glimpse of what the young guard is capable of.