Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Bullshirt.

We may not get any particular recruit, but I promise you that Archie Miller is not in this to lose battles to anyone. He knows he will sometimes, but he is here to get what he wants, and win.

You are too good a poster to have a hangdog attitude toward Duke, or any other school.

I fully expect IUBB to start kicking @$$, on the court and with recruiting.

Thanks for the kick in the rear, Stu! I needed it. I am all in on Archie and think he will be a great coach here. That being said, Coach K was an unknown before and had to build his status to where it is now. He can pretty much hand pick who he gets, and Archie isn't quite on that level yet.

In the future I will take Archie against anyone, but right now when the likes of UK, Duke, and Kansas offer a kid it makes me much less confident that we'll get them. When Archie starts seeing on court success this will definitely change!

Which begs the question what will be there when K is done? It's difficult enough to replace a legend but that much more difficult if the next coach doesn't have a solid foundation. If the deals aren't in place anymore we could see a sharp decline at Duke.

That is a very solid point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Which begs the question what will be there when K is done? It's difficult enough to replace a legend but that much more difficult if the next coach doesn't have a solid foundation. If the deals aren't in place anymore we could see a sharp decline at Duke.

Yes.

Duke commits:

Jordan Goldwire, Shooting Guard, Class of '17

247Sports Composite

and :

247Sports Composite

Natl Comp 78atl Comp 78 but formerly as high as #37

say "hi."

11 hours ago, goonaha said:

Isn't Swider a stretch four? Whereas Zion and Reddish are both more wings?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From the games I watched  Cole played more of a SF role on his AAU team and even brought the ball up the court and showed off some guard skills. Williamson, reddish, and Swider are all listed at 6'7 or 6'8 now days for me when I think of stretch 4 I think of someone in the 6"10 range

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners