Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2017 April Evaluation Period

28 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Jeff Borzello  @jeffborzello

Five-star point guard Darius Garland mentioned Indiana, Duke, Kansas, Notre Dame and Vanderbilt as schools heaviest in pursuit.

Getting mentioned by Garland I take as a real positive for CAM's efforts to get a serious foothold into his recruiting.  We may not land him, but I think we'll be in it 'til the day he makes a final decision.  

UNBELIEVABLE, just UNBELIEVABLE.
Josh Margolis‏ @MargolisNews  22

Trendon Watford said he wasn't in contact at all with previous #iubb staff. New staff has already reached out to him.

Remember my brief conversation with Christian everyone said I was reading too much into it?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

UNBELIEVABLE, just UNBELIEVABLE.

Trendon Watford said he wasn't in contact at all with previous #iubb staff. New staff has already reached out to him.

And this is why Crean is gone

6 hours ago, ccgeneral said:
Coaches still in Atlanta. Flint and/or Ostrom. Phinisee, Langford and Hurt.
@indianaelite: Indiana, Norte Dame, Xavier, Purdue, Belmont, Winthrop, Auburn among the many coaches on hand for Indiana Elite 2018z

I was told today Ostrom was in Minnesota watching Jallow at a non shoe event.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would love to get Langford and Garland but also Phinisee. Would be nice to have 1 or 2 one and done/two and done kids to help balance the class out. Also, Phinisee could go his first year or two coming off the bench (behind Garland/Green) then become the true leader and face of the team his junior and senior year. Wishful thinking, but would be nice. 

What did Christian say to you? Thanks. 

I told him we need to get his brother to IU next. He kinda laughed it off and said "we'll see" or something similar.

It was very brief and I can't describe the interaction in text well, but by reading his body language he didn't seem enthused by the idea or gave it any support.

It was mostly a body language type reaction but I didn't prod much after the response.

Would love to get Langford and Garland but also Phinisee. Would be nice to have 1 or 2 one and done/two and done kids to help balance the class out. Also, Phinisee could go his first year or two coming off the bench (behind Garland/Green) then become the true leader and face of the team his junior and senior year. Wishful thinking, but would be nice. 

I think Garlands lack of height puts him in Yogi and Ulis territory. It will be VERY hard for him to be a one and done.

This is the kind of recruiting we need to be consistent contenders. We need 2+ seniors that can provide leadership but we need stars that will put us over the top.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Garlands lack of height puts him in Yogi and Ulis territory. It will be VERY hard for him to be a one and done.

I have always thought we should focus in on multi year 5 stars like Yogi. 

hopefully we can play up to Garland the uncertainty of the Duke coaching situation. 

I have always thought we should focus in on multi year 5 stars like Yogi. 
hopefully we can play up to Garland the uncertainty of the Duke coaching situation. 

Our big sell to Garland vis-a-vis Duke is that we will not also be bringing in Tre Jones.
That, and as Darius has said about his upbringing, "I am a Hoosier."

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our big sell to Garland vis-a-vis Duke is that we will not also be bringing in Tre Jones.
That, and as Darius has said about his upbringing, "I am a Hoosier."

It's an important point, Frank Jackson is waiting to decide on his draft status based on who K signs this Spring. Also remember that K convinced a pg to move up a class two years ago and then convinced him to transfer last year so he could bring Jackson in. 

So other than Langford for every Indiana kid we are recruiting we are also recruiting a more talented player at the same position from out of State. 
Are people going to be upset if we get a class of 
Garland, Carmody, King, Swider, 

Heck no....that would be a top five class nationally, and Garland is a born and raised Hoosier state kid who moved away a few years ago.
However, I think the chances of us NOT getting at least one of Langford, Phinisee, Hunter, or Jallow are low.