Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

If we can get him on campus this summer I think we can be back in the thick of things. 

I think we have a solid shot at Garland. Dad grew up a fan, mom will see the academic side on a visit, and Darius will see what he'll have available to reach the next level. Duke scares me if option 1a falls through for them.

12 hours ago, VO5 said:

I saw Bozich tweet earlier that ESPN didn't even have profiles for either of them. Really strange

This is ESPN's ranking of the top recruits in Indiana. Rob Phinisee must be from some other state. I don't understand why we aren't going hard after Musa Jollah, a four-star wing right there in Bloomington. He could be the biggest Indiana commit since Ivan Renko.

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This is ESPN's ranking of the top recruits in Indiana. Rob Phinisee must be from some other state. I don't understand why we aren't going hard after Musa Jollah, a four-star wing right there in Bloomington. He could be the biggest Indiana commit since Ivan Renko.

This adversely affects their 247 score for anybody wondering btw. 

This adversely affects their 247 score for anybody wondering btw. 

Yes, their composite score. ESPN is a joke for college BB recruiting. Only care about top 25-50 or so. Not interested the the ones that don't immediately have NBA type projection.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm getting antsy already about recruiting. Ready for July evals. I'm confident in how things are going but I'm super excited to see who Archie picks for this big class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is the most nervous I have been with recruiting in awhile. With Crean I always hoped but never really believed he'd land a great class. So wasn't really ever that nervous. 

I'm getting antsy already about recruiting. Ready for July evals. I'm confident in how things are going but I'm super excited to see who Archie picks for this big class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

More interested in who picks Archie. We are all behind him, hopefully enough of the top guys he is going after after are behind him too. An early Whif could be a major momentum sucker

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

More interested in who picks Archie. We are all behind him, hopefully enough of the top guys he is going after after are behind him too. An early Whif could be a major momentum sucker

I would think a bad 2019 class is more damaging to his perception than 2018. Recruiting is relationships. I think reasonable expectations are a top 25 class with as many open spots as we have. Maybe 1 or 2 top 50 kids with 2 or 3 top 100 kids. Next year I anticipate at least 1 maybe 2 top 25 players. The big thing this year was developing relationships with AAU programs and influential individuals around the state. Sounds like we are good there. Now

41 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I would think a bad 2019 class is more damaging to his perception than 2018. Recruiting is relationships. I think reasonable expectations are a top 25 class with as many open spots as we have. Maybe 1 or 2 top 50 kids with 2 or 3 top 100 kids. Next year I anticipate at least 1 maybe 2 top 25 players. The big thing this year was developing relationships with AAU programs and influential individuals around the state. Sounds like we are good there. Now

I agree I think the kids today want to see a coach win a few games before they start wanting to go play for him. So I think the 2019 class will be much bigger and better. 

23 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Can't expect much from his 1st class. He hasn't even coached a game here yet. 2019 is more critical. If we don't get a 5 star then that is pretty damning.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I like our odds of landing at least one of Wiseman, Hurt, Watford, Anthony, and Brooks as a five star in '19. Call me optimistic.

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree I think the kids today want to see a coach win a few games before they start wanting to go play for him. So I think the 2019 class will be much bigger and better. 

I think this is kind of a problem though. We'll need some instant impact players in 2018. We lose what, 5-6 players after this season? If we get recruits that aren't contributing quite a bit next year it could be another middling/tough year. It sucks for Archie but he needs to hit a home run in 2018. Otherwise we'll be looking at 2 decent/mediocre seasons in a row for IU's standards.

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I think this is kind of a problem though. We'll need some instant impact players in 2018. We lose what, 5-6 players after this season? If we get recruits that aren't contributing quite a bit next year it could be another middling/tough year. It sucks for Archie but he needs to hit a home run in 2018. Otherwise we'll be looking at 2 decent/mediocre seasons in a row for IU's standards.

Junior years for Davis, Jones and Green, plus senior year for Morgan should make us be fine with the freshman this year becoming sophs. I think we will get top 100 kids just not maybe a top 25 kid. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree I think the kids today want to see a coach win a few games before they start wanting to go play for him.

So I think the 2019 class will be much bigger and better. 

Yes...and no:

• Yes - the highest level kids want to see some success before they commit for 2018.
  • No - we don't have to wait for the 2019 class to show that. We have many, many, many early season opportunities to show we are a top level program by beating top 20 teams. We have enough talent to do that. So, let's execute the task. And then, let's get either Garland, Romeo, Bazley, Carey, or Dort.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Junior years for Davis, Jones and Green, plus senior year for Morgan should make us be fine with the freshman this year becoming sophs. I think we will get top 100 kids just not maybe a top 25 kid. 

For some reason Davis completely slipped my mind lol. We need to get some rest for those guys though. I'm confident Archie will bring in contributors, but Idk how ready they will be from day 1 like you say.

11 minutes ago, VO5 said:

For some reason Davis completely slipped my mind lol. We need to get some rest for those guys though. I'm confident Archie will bring in contributors, but Idk how ready they will be from day 1 like you say.

If Clifton Moore has what it takes mentally to realize his potential (and I have no reason to believe he won't), holy crap he's gonna be good. Not right away (though we'll see glimpses), but by the end of his freshman year?

• Really good, if Clifton wants it badly enough.
  • Like: "6'10" with a plus handle and plus jumper" good.
  • Like: "Thomas Bryant's height and length with way more physical flexibility and much better footwork" good. 

IF he wants it badly enough.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If Clifton Moore has what it takes mentally to realize his potential (and I have no reason to believe he won't), holy crap he's gonna be good. Not right away (though we'll see glimpses), but by the end of his freshman year? Really good, if Clifton wants it badly enough. Like "6'10" with a plus handle and plus jumper'"good. Like, "Thomas Bryant's height and length with way more physical flexibility and much better footwork" good. 

IF, he wants it badly enough.

I'm hoping you're right and I can see that happening. The biggest thing for Clifton is getting stronger. He needs to be able to bang a little bit down low with the rest of the B10 bruisers. If he can take contact, it will allow him to be much more versatile with his game. I can see it being next year, but I can also see it taking a little longer than that for him.

Senior: Morgan
Juniors: Green, Jones, Davis
Sophomores: Durham, Smith, Moore

That's a decent core in which to build around. The front court has Davis, Morgan, and Smith with a versatile Moore as first big off the bench. A top 100 big or two (Johns/Thompson) wouldn't be counted on for big minutes their freshman year.

Front court: ++++

The back court (Green, Jones, Durham) has a ton of potential but, as of right now, no true point (Crean special). I really believe Green is a possibility at point and has the ability to be a star. The 2018 guard recruits could take this team from good to great, middle of B1G to champs, and making tourney to a deep run. Any combination of (Garland, Carey, Phinisee and Romeo, Johnson) would great.

Backcourt: +++

46 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Senior: Morgan
Juniors: Green, Jones, Davis
Sophomores: Durham, Smith, Moore

That's a decent core in which to build around. The front court has Davis, Morgan, and Smith with a versatile Moore as first big off the bench. A top 100 big or two (Johns/Thompson) wouldn't be counted on for big minutes their freshman year.

Front court: ++++

The back court (Green, Jones, Durham) has a ton of potential but, as of right now, no true point (Crean special). I really believe Green is a possibility at point and has the ability to be a star. The 2018 guard recruits could take this team from good to great, middle of B1G to champs, and making tourney to a deep run. Any combination of (Garland, Carey, Phinisee and Romeo, Johnson) would great.

Backcourt: +++

Durham considers himself a point guard. I'm not sure if he really is, but at least he has that mindset going in.