Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yep, and they have had top classes. There is a way to get balance and top players. It's a science and the best teams have managed this well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Also, Archie specifically referenced UNC model when describing what he envisions Indiana and his model to look like. I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd like a super talent every year or two versus every ten but I don't need a team full of them.

I'll take UNC model over UK. Kansas minus the debauchery is a good model as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

One thing in common with all these models is scholarships arent thrown around like candy.
Looks like Archie gets that and has already changed that approach.I always thought the multitude of offers regardless of specific need diminished their value to the kids receiving them.

One thing in common with all these models is scholarships arent thrown around like candy.
Looks like Archie gets that and has already changed that approach.I always thought the multitude of offers regardless of specific need diminished their value to the kids receiving them.

No doubt about it. Plus, how can you Taylor a recruiting pitch with that madness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

ESPN's latest Top 100 in the '18 Class.  

IU Offers:  Langford #5; Garland #11; King #16; Dort #24; Bazley #32; Johns #40; Carey #55; Ayala #87.

Others:   Moses Brown #6; Jerome Hunter #44; Duke #54; Cohill #94; Bingham #98.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

IU Offers:  Langford #5; Garland #11; King #16; Dort #24; Bazley #32; Johns #40; Carey #55; Ayala #87.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

That's good company.

15 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Calling it now Langford, Garland, Bazley, Johns, and Brown all commit to Indiana, and then Archie holds a press conference and just smiles and says "Its Indiana" and walks away.

(ok I just woke up, but what a dream that would be)

Lol all the while Crean is struggling to get his blog readership 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ayala is still a possibility for '17 also. Said he was going to determine reclassification status in July.

4 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Calling it now Langford, Garland, Bazley, Johns, and Brown all commit to Indiana, and then Archie holds a press conference and just smiles and says "Its Indiana" and walks away.

(ok I just woke up, but what a dream that would be)

I'm scared to think that IU might be in 3rd place for Garland. I think Duke is his leader and Vandy being second. His mom works there and his best friend just signed on to play football there. I like your list but I think you should replace Phinnese instead of Garland and add Thompson somewhere in there. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm scared to think that IU might be in 3rd place for Garland. I think Duke is his leader and Vandy being second. His mom works there and his best friend just signed on to play football there. I like your list but I think you should replace Phinnese instead of Garland and add Thompson somewhere in there. 

That's upsetting. Grew up basically an IU fan and now we may not be in his top 2..

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I thought he grew up a Duke fan?

Garland's father, Winston, grew up an IU fan as a Gary, Indiana native. So naturally, both him and Darius have followed the Hoosiers as the younger Garland has grown.

“I’ve been a Hoosier fan for a long time,” Winston told TheHoosier.com in February. “I’ve watched some real good teams.

"The teams with Isiah Thomas, Kent Benson, Scott May - guys like that. The ’76 team. My senior year in college when they had Steve Alford, I was in school and was the same age but I was still rooting for the Hoosiers.

"I loved Bob Knight. Just grew up a Hoosier fan.”

Garland's father, Winston, grew up an IU fan as a Gary, Indiana native. So naturally, both him and Darius have followed the Hoosiers as the younger Garland has grown.

“I’ve been a Hoosier fan for a long time,” Winston told TheHoosier.com in February. “I’ve watched some real good teams.

"The teams with Isiah Thomas, Kent Benson, Scott May - guys like that. The ’76 team. My senior year in college when they had Steve Alford, I was in school and was the same age but I was still rooting for the Hoosiers.

"I loved Bob Knight. Just grew up a Hoosier fan.”

Gotcha. So his dad was the fan. I remember that. I just didn't remember him saying he was explicitly a fan.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

That wasnt my list, it was wishful thinking. lol

56 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Race Thompson and Phinisee not listed in ESPN 100. Not sure if that is a mistake or they legitimately missed the cut. I can Phinisee as his ranking is all over the place but Race is top 100 everywhere.

I saw Bozich tweet earlier that ESPN didn't even have profiles for either of them. Really strange

Race Thompson and Phinisee not listed in ESPN 100. Not sure if that is a mistake or they legitimately missed the cut. I can Phinisee as his ranking is all over the place but Race is top 100 everywhere.

They probably canned everyone that ran their recruiting too lol.