Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I've been with the university for 17 years and have made several friends/contacts. I was able to work for the basketball program in a small way the last few years & hoping to continue that with Archie. I used to be on other boards but joined all of them during the search and found that I enjoyed this one the most. Also all of my family have worked with the athletic program in some way or another for many years. Hope that answers, if not you can send me a message & I would be happy to say more. 

Were you the one who had the story of the guys In suites carrying cases being driver around in Escalades?

If so was there truth in that or were you just messing with us? If true were those guys with Archie or another group

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Were you the one who had the story of the guys In suites carrying cases being driver around in Escalades?

If so was there truth in that or were you just messing with us? If true were those guys with Archie or another group

There was something like that but nothing to do with Archie. I think it ended up being a huge personal injury case or something like that. 

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There was something like that but nothing to do with Archie. I think it ended up being a huge personal injury case or something like that. 

Still confident with Johns after his visit?

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes a head of yourself but I think we will end up with top ten classes the next two years so I'm getting ahead of myself now

And hopefully off the success of the next 2 seasons, and the 2 top 10 classes, we start landing top 5 classes!

No thank you.
I don't ever want a gaggle of exclusively non-student one and dones.

Give me a Romeo/Juwan Morgan combo with cheese!

A #1 class would be awesome and doesn't guarantee hat they are all one and dones but if they were why is that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A #1 class would be awesome and doesn't guarantee hat they are all one and dones but if they were why is that bad?

Student athletes for me please.
Interest in becoming a graduate of Indiana University. Not gonna be so for all players and that's okay; a real percentage of the general freshman population doesn't make it to graduation day.
But a general goal? Yes.

Student athletes for me please.
Interest in becoming a graduate of Indiana University. Not gonna be so for all players and that's okay; a real percentage of the general freshman population doesn't make it to graduation day.
But a general goal? Yes.

So this certainly isn't a new debate but is always an interesting one. My guess is you want Romeo Langford, I do and 99% of IU fans do. He is likely a one and done so why is he ok?

Is one ok but not two? Two ok but not three? I want the best players here that are good people that represent the school well as long as they are here.

I want a team that doesn't completely change from year to year. It's hard to feel any connection to the team if it's always full of different players.

I want 5 star players because they're necessary to compete at the highest level, but not a team of them. I don't want a bunch of 1.5 semester mercenaries. Some 5 star guys are multi-year players, and a number of four star players are 4 year guys. Let's go after those two groups and live with the results. 

Tony Bradley is the first one and done from UNC since Brandan Wright in 2008. I think your comparison is *exactly* what a lot of us are looking for.

Also, Archie specifically referenced UNC model when describing what he envisions Indiana and his model to look like. I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd like a super talent every year or two versus every ten but I don't need a team full of them.

I'll take UNC model over UK. Kansas minus the debauchery is a good model as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Also, Archie specifically referenced UNC model when describing what he envisions Indiana and his model to look like. I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd like a super talent every year or two versus every ten but I don't need a team full of them.

I'll take UNC model over UK. Kansas minus the debauchery is a good model as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yep, and they have had top classes. There is a way to get balance and top players. It's a science and the best teams have managed this well