Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

I think he did pretty good, I don't know his stats from out there, I was told he really liked it there and it was a hard decision for him to return to North Side. I heard they really wanted him to stay as  there starting point guard. But if you compare him to the state school players in Indiana he is at the top! As a sophomore he was the 6th leading scorer in 4A, even in front of Mr. Basketball Kyle Guy. There is no question that the boy can play, the real question here is why he is getting by passed,when lesser players are not! I hear things about him moving around and I've mentioned it before that the Blackmon's moved from Marion schools to Blackhawk, to Luers, to Marion, back to Luers then back to Marion again. Also all of them have been held back at least one time if not more, so why do they get a pass but not Boucher! There is also the question about his dad, I asked his dad about his background, and from what I can see he has been a teacher for approx 30 years and has no bad record that I could find. He told me that he has only had one speeding ticket in his entire life and he is 56 or 57 years old. He and his wife have been married for 34 years. I know most of the kids being recruited in the state would be lucky to have parents like the Boucher's!

Whatever agenda you are promoting, please just stop. If Archie starts watching Boucher play then we can start talking about him again. Until then, you aren't going to convince anybody he should be prioritized at IU. Feel free to save this for an "I told you so" moment and I will rightfully eat crow.

Yo running on empty, you're pitching to the wrong people. It may seem like we know everything and run the IU basketball program, but we actually let Fred Glass and Archie do that now. Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yo running on empty, you're pitching to the wrong people. It may seem like we know everything and run the IU basketball program, but actually let Fred Glass and Archie do that now. Sorry!

True. We were certainly trying when Crean was in charge. WE coached better and Recruited better.

So happy we moved on finally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

There are some good points mentioned, and I guess I shouldn't say that IU has passed on him. I should of said Crean, I have not talked with Austin or his family since Archie became the head coach. He may of already made contact with Austin!

Crean was interested in Austin but Austin didn't like Crean. I do believe that he liked IU however. I also know that at one point Austin really liked Michigan and Coach Beilein.

NOTE:  Also posted in the 2017 April Evaluation Period thread.

All 3 of the major AAU circuits kickoff this weekend.  The Nike (EYBL) typically has the majority of the top 100 players in its league.  From names that have been associated with CAM in one way or another since he took over our program:

Albany City Rocks:  Nahziah Carter (CAM commit at Dayton)

Bradley Beal Elite:  Darius Garland / Jericole Hellems / James Wiseman

Mean Streets (Chicago):  Damezi Anderson

Spiece Indy Heat:  Keion Brooks

Nike Team Florida:  Trendon Watford  (Follow him because he's CWat's little brother)

Brooks, Watford and Wiseman are all playing in the 17U league even though they're '19 recruits.

The EYBL has put out a really informative 2017 preview magazine available at:   https://issuu.com/peachjam2016/docs/2017_eybl_preview_magazine

Lots of good info with complete rosters, team summaries and summer schedule.  Reading through the rosters and you will see a great many familiar names who were being followed by or had offers from our previous regime.

I don't expect a big name up front this year. Smith, Morgan, Davis & Moore will make it hard to see PT unless he is a big time kid, so unless it is a 5 star kid it will probably be a kid or two ranked 75-120 which is still great. By July we should have more direction. I expect us to be in contention with Romeo as well.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Seems like a polarizing conversation here with one poster making him out to be the next Gordon Heyward and the other side looking to reject the notion that the kid can play.

Will be interesting to see what kind of college career this kid has but as some have stated, it doesn't appear that it will be iu

I love hearing that Archie will treat each scholarship like gold. That mindset is bound to yield a much better result per capita.

Also by doing that it will instill a better "value" to each scholarship as perceived by the players.

This is a must in order to create the "destination school" we are trying to achieve.

2018 recruiting class is so important. I hope it's one where we can make a recruiting statement.

So in addition to the Top 30 in the post above, an additional number of kids were invited and considered as the Top 60.  That group included Race Thompson and Hameir Wright (held a Dayton offer).

Everyone played 4 games on an assigned team; rosters did not change from game to game.  The last 2 games were simply called a Top 60 and a Top 30 game but every kid played in 5 games.

Pangos All-American Camp 2017            
Name Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Blks. Stls. Min.
Ayala, Eric  16 5 7 1 2 0 0 5 1 1   0 34
Ayala, Eric  14 6 14 2 4 0 1 0 2 3 0 1 29
Ayala, Eric  14 4 7 1 4 5 8 3 1 1 0 0 40
Ayala, Eric  13 4 10 2 4 3 4 2 3 1 0 1 30
Ayala, Eric  3 1 6 0 3 1 2 3 0 0 0 0 21

Bazley, Darius 14 5 7 2 4 2 4 6 2 0 0 0 33
Bazley, Darius 6 3 10 0 3 0 0 5 2 2 0 1 38
Bazley, Darius 10 4 11 0 3 2 2 6 4 0 0 0 30
Bazley, Darius 13 6 10 1 2 2 2 5 4 1 1 0 13
Bazley, Darius 5 2 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 12

Carey, Jalen 3 1 2 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 18
Carey, Jalen 3 2 6 0 1 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 26
Carey, Jalen 6 3 10 0 2 0 1 4 0 1 0 0 40
Carey, Jalen 10 4 6 2 2 0 0 2 3 2 0 1 20
Carey, Jalen 4 1 3 0 1 2 2 0 1 1 0 0 21

Dosunmyu, Ayo 6 2 9 0 3 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 20
Dosunmyu, Ayo 13 6 10 0 2 1 2 2 1 0 0 1 17
Dosunmyu, Ayo 10 4 11 0 2 2 2 1 1 1 0 0 40
Dosunmyu, Ayo 26 11 14 2 4 2 2 3 1 2 0 2 21
Dosunmyu, Ayo 3 0 3 0 0 3 4 0 0 0 0 0 20

Thompson, Race 12 5 5 0 0 2 3 1 1 1 0 4 21
Thompson, Race 5 1 2 1 1 2 2 5 4 1 1 1 28
Thompson, Race 14 6 7 2 3 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 n.a.
Thompson, Race 9 3 7 1 2 2 4 7 1 1 0 0 22
Thompson, Race 9 4 4 1 1 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 21

Watford, Trendon 16 7 11 2 5 0 0 3 1 1 2 0 20
Watford, Trendon 10 3 9 2 5 2 2 3 1 1 0 0 35
Watford, Trendon 9 3 9 0 5 3 4 5 3 0 0 0 n.a.
Watford, Trendon 7 2 9 0 4 3 4 4 1 1 0 1 34
Watford, Trendon 2 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 12

Wright, Hameir 3 1 2 1 2 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 11
Wright, Hameir 7 3 6 0 1 1 1 3 0 0 0 1 20
Wright, Hameir 5 1 4 0 1 3 4 5 1 0 1 0 25
Wright, Hameir 3 1 2 0 1 1 1 3 0 1 0 0 15
Wright, Hameir 6 3 5 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 14

In my response to a good question in another thread about the 'current most likely' for the six 2017/2018 spots, here's my take:

Taken into account:

• Each commitment affects the subsequent ones
  • The interest of the recruit in IU
  • The interest of IU in the recruit
  • The competition for the recruit

I will rank that  2017/18 list (+ a few others) in order of the likelihood (in my mind) that when the day is done, the six Hoosier scholly spots are filled by one of these recruits:

1. N Carter
  2. R Phinisee
  3. Eric Hunter
  4. R Thompson
  5. J Carey
  6. D Garland
  7. R Langford
  8. D Moretti
  9. Damezi Anderson
  10. M Jallow
  11. D Bazley
  12. L King
  13. Jerome Hunter
  14. E Ayala
  15. C Swider
  16. L Dort

Would like to hear the thoughts of any of you in the know as to their take given the relevant factors!

I get the impression that we are absolutely shooting for the fences with Romeo and Garland, Carey for the lead guard spots. These are guard priorities #1-3. Other guys are backup plans.

The 3/4 spot seems to be priority to Thompson, King, Swider, Carter, Bazley and then the others as backup plans.

This staff is active and seems to be secretive and not just throwing out offers like candy. Who really knows where we stand. We "seem to lead" in none of these recruitments except Carter, and maybe Thompson interestingly.

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In my response to a good question in another thread about the 'current most likely' for the six 2017/2018 spots, here's my take:

Taken into account:

• Each commitment affects the subsequent ones
  • The interest of the recruit in IU
  • The interest of IU in the recruit
  • The competition for the recruit

I will rank that  2017/18 list (+ a few others) in order of the likelihood (in my mind) that when the day is done, the six Hoosier scholly spots are filled by one of these recruits:

1. N Carter
  2. R Phinisee
  3. Eric Hunter
  4. R Thompson
  5. J Carey
  6. D Garland
  7. R Langford
  8. D Moretti
  9. Damezi Anderson
  10. M Jallow
  11. D Bazley
  12. L King
  13. Jerome Hunter
  14. E Ayala
  15. C Swider
  16. L Dort

Would like to hear the thoughts of any of you in the know as to their take given the relevant factors!

Interesting that you have Hunter at 3. Have we even offered him yet? I do agree that there is a good chance he would come to IU if we offered.

Other than that, I'd like to see Jallow and Swider a little higher. I'm not sure that they actually are, but I'd really like to get those two players. I also think Garland is more likely than Langford by a few spots, but either of those guys would be a huge win for the staff with their late start.