Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

15 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think he's going to Duke unless K retires. My 2 cents. I think he and Garland will team up and we will be crying at what could have been. 

Everything I have heard is most people think he is a UK lean after spending the majority of the summer with Cal. Garland will be interesting because does he want to play with Jones or not. 

The team camp went extremely well. The one negative that came back from coaches was that Assembly Hall dressing room & film rooms are outdated and that does affect kids decisions. Cook hall has those things that are really nice but we didn't update those in Assembly hall during the renovations. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Everything I have heard is most people think he is a UK lean after spending the majority of the summer with Cal. Garland will be interesting because does he want to play with Jones or not. 

The team camp went extremely well. The one negative that came back from coaches was that Assembly Hall dressing room & film rooms are outdated and that does affect kids decisions. Cook hall has those things that are really nice but we didn't update those in Assembly hall during the renovations. 

That's seems like a massive oversight wth. 

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That's seems like a massive oversight wth. 

I think a lot of people were throwing in their ideas of what needed to be done for the renovations and not enough money to go around. I know there was a lot of chiefs in that project. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

And yet people like Bilas continue to say that these coaches aren't getting recruiting advantages by doing this. It's seriously a joke. I would be saying the same thing if Archie was the coach.

This is going to seem wrong to some and it's probably too late now, but if I was Archie I would pull out of the Romeo recruitment. I think it's pretty obvious we are the 3rd to 4th choice at best. We can spend those resources elsewhere on players that are still open and reap more benefits.

I realize Archie has to stay in on his recruitment for image's sake, but our class isn't hinged on getting Romeo. Getting someone like Dort would reduce the need for him greatly. I just hate seeing resources and effort gone to waste when we know what the outcome will be.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

This is going to seem wrong to some and it's probably too late now, but if I was Archie I would pull out of the Romeo recruitment. I think it's pretty obvious we are the 3rd to 4th choice at best. We can spend those resources elsewhere on players that are still open and reap more benefits.

I realize Archie has to stay in on his recruitment for image's sake, but our class isn't hinged on getting Romeo. Getting someone like Dort would reduce the need for him greatly. I just hate seeing resources and effort gone to waste when we know what the outcome will be.

We may already have. 

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Outdated film rooms don't hurt our recruiting. Missing the tournament 5 out of 9 years and having this University in "Podunktown America", is part of the problems. You wouldn't believe how many black kids from New Albany have told me that they would never go to IU because they feel they wouldn't fit in. Romeo may feel the same.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

How is UK any different? Lol Lexington, Kentucky isn't exactly a hotbed of cultural diversity.

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Outdated film rooms don't hurt our recruiting. Missing the tournament 5 out of 9 years and having this University in "Podunktown America", is part of the problems. You wouldn't believe how many black kids from New Albany have told me that they would never go to IU because they feel they wouldn't fit in. Romeo may feel the same.

Take a look at UK, MSU, Duke dressing rooms and then at IU. Guarantee it would make a difference with a recruit. They want something splashy. 

31 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Those kids you talked to probably aren't D1 basketball recruits though. IU has a beautiful campus, beautiful coeds and great facilities. The campus and surrounding environment works in our favor, imo. It's not like we're trying to recruit kids to West Lafayette. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Do we even use the old locker rooms & film room? What is distance underground to Cook Hall? I believe this has been brought up previously as I assumed the old locker rooms were for visitors only 

Just now, schoosier said:

Do we even use the old locker rooms & film room? What is distance underground to Cook Hall? I believe this has been brought up previously as I assumed the old locker rooms were for visitors only 

No we don't except for on game days. 

There hasn't been any black kids from NA good enough to play for IU except Romeo in a long time!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

We may already have. 

Don't see how in the world that we would ever give up on Romeo to IU! He has done absolutely nothing to indicate that we are out of the race. Too many on here assume that just because Cal is coaching him this summer that he is a pUKe lean. That could work against Cal just as well. Romeo is a smart kid and is not going to say the `wrong' thing to the press about his thoughts of the guy determining his minutes or his college choices until he is ready. I still feel it is a UofL/IU battle. Nothing or no one influencing my thoughts. Just my feeling. I love all of these people `hearing' things!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app