Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Romeo is the crown jewel. Anderson seems like he'll be a good player. A little bit like Bluiett. Not as polished. I like Phinisee ok but his size worries me, and his ability to play over Durham, Green, CuJo is in question. If he's willing to bide his time it could work out. Unless he is better than I believe. Aaron Henry is interesting. Staff seems to like him. Butler offer now. He seems to be more priority than Jallow. Eric Hunter is another we aren't focusing on much it seems. I like Eric Hunter more than Phinisee I believe.

Like others, Romeo is the centerpiece and the others would be nice additions assuming we can get a centerpiece type recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Romeo is the crown jewel. Anderson seems like he'll be a good player. A little bit like Bluiett. Not as polished. I like Phinisee ok but his size worries me, and his ability to play over Durham, Green, CuJo is in question. If he's willing to bide his time it could work out. Unless he is better than I believe. Aaron Henry is interesting. Staff seems to like him. Butler offer now. He seems to be more priority than Jallow. Eric Hunter is another we aren't focusing on much it seems. I like Eric Hunter more than Phinisee I believe.

Like others, Romeo is the centerpiece and the others would be nice additions assuming we can get a centerpiece type recruit.

If Archie can get Romeo in spite of everything I say he wins a title within 3-4 years. I don't see it happening at all and I think he is a fine recruiter in spite of the restrictions, and people's personal artificial timelines decrying blue blood status others put on him around here. With Calipari coaching him and Dukes heavy involvement long before Archie was the coach I just don't see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I see Phinisee as a backup point his first year or two. Obviously, a Garland, Langford, or Dort would be an immediate impact frosh in the guard lineup. Phinisee could learn for a few years and then play alongside a senior Durham in what should be a plus backcourt.

Anderson intrigues me with how well he's played and his versatility. I'm sure we'll see a lot of three guard and small ball lineups in the coming years. Anderson could get minutes as a frosh behind Smith and Durham on the wing.

Romeo is Romeo and with the front court we should have in 2018-2019 boost IU to a B1G favorite and a contender. We'll have experience with Green and Jones in the backcourt too.

If we do land a Romeo or Garland I'd like some insurance with Phinisee or Anderson as the former won't be around too long. I don't want to see us left with little when Green and Jones graduate and Romeo and/or Garland leave early.

The recruiting angles we should be playing are the relationship of Schilling and Shannon for Romeo. The "born a Hoosier" and not being recruited over at PG like Duke will do in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Apparently per early reports quite a bit better than expected.

I think his numbers are better when he's not the teams main scorer and he can get in the flow of the offense. He seems to have a tendency to take bad shots when he's the main cog, and his % drops. He was 34% from 3 as a Junior, I believe.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think he's going to Duke unless K retires. My 2 cents. I think he and Garland will team up and we will be crying at what could have been. 

I think you are right also. However, there is a wild card and that is the recruitment of Tre Jones. If Tre commits to Duke before Garland I could see Garland going elsewhere (yes I know they said they could play together). They both play the point and I'm sure would both like to be the exclusive PG. That said if Garland doesn't go to Duke I'm afraid he'll go to Vandy. Who knows though because 17 year old kids are fickle as hell man.

2 minutes ago, rcsalway29 said:

I think you are right also. However, there is a wild card and that is the recruitment of Tre Jones. If Tre commits to Duke before Garland I could see Garland going elsewhere (yes I know they said they could play together). They both play the point and I'm sure would both like to be the exclusive PG. That said if Garland doesn't go to Duke I'm afraid he'll go to Vandy. Who knows though because 17 year old kids are fickle as hell man.

40 year old men are fickle as hell.

I would bet he's more likely to end up at IU or Duke than puke or Hooker U. Speculation.

Strongly disagree.

I think that the chances of UK/UL combined are MUCH higher than IU/Duke combined for Romeo.

I'm not saying go after Hunter and Phinisee types as cornerstones of a class. But that type of quality player that stays 3-4 years is exactly what we need to keep class balance and prevent regression as a result of losing 4 guys in a year. We won't be a school full of 5 star kids on the roster, we need those kids that are going to stay and compete.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here's my thing re: Romeo or Garland.

UK, Duke, and Louisville will be leaders because the best players generally want to play with other best players. These schools will offer attractive Size and athleticism that we generally don't offer. It makes things so much easier on guards when Bigs command double teams and can control offensive rebounding.

I see both of these players as long shots, primarily because we don't offer the caliber of teammates that other schools will.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Here's my thing re: Romeo or Garland.

UK, Duke, and Louisville will be leaders because the best players generally want to play with other best players. These schools will offer attractive Size and athleticism that we generally don't offer. It makes things so much easier on guards when Bigs command double teams and can control offensive rebounding.

I see both of these players as long shots, primarily because we don't offer the caliber of teammates that other schools will.

#sadface