Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Unlike when Crean came knocking on the door, the recruits and family would turn off light and act like no one is home. I got a picture in my head of the family huddling behind the couch saying "shhh be quiet Cream might hear you"

"I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately... A whole lot. Please open the door." 

I'd be perfectly content going 4 to replace 5 and balance out 2019 numbers a bit.

2 guards a wing and a big would do it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think we could take 5 depending on who we get. If Romeo is one of them you have to project he won't make it past his sophomore year. You figure with the transfer rate you would lose another. If we can consistently have 3 scholarship players going through senior night speeches with 2 or 3 being rotation players we would have that senior leadership we need to compete.

Have you guys seen Boucher's 54 point video, he is the real deal and way underrated. The teams that pass up on him will be sorry they did. 25 points a game and 5 assist 2 steals as a sophomore playing in the SAC and against Indy teams. 3rd toughest schedule in the state. 54 points against Muncie Central in the Huntington sectional, and I heard he set out 7 minutes in that game with foul trouble. 54 points in 25 minutes of playing time! He played 22 games, 8 of those  over 30 points and all of them against good teams. Some D1 school will get a great point/combo guard and student: 4.0 gpa, 3 in his class, and great all around package! Why is IU passing up on this kid! Is it because he dosn't drink, do drugs or get into trouble, or is it because he is a white point guard.

2 minutes ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

Have you guys seen Boucher's 54 point video, he is the real deal and way underrated. The teams that pass up on him will be sorry they did. 25 points a game and 5 assist 2 steals as a sophomore playing in the SAC and against Indy teams. 3rd toughest schedule in the state. 54 points against Muncie Central in the Huntington sectional, and I heard he set out 7 minutes in that game with foul trouble. 54 points in 25 minutes of playing time! He played 22 games, 8 of those  over 30 points and all of them against good teams. Some D1 school will get a great point/combo guard and student: 4.0 gpa, 3 in his class, and great all around package! Why is IU passing up on this kid! Is it because he dosn't drink, do drugs or get into trouble, or is it because he is a white point guard.

Lol

2 minutes ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

How did he do at his prep school last year? I haven't seen much out there about his season. 

10 minutes ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

When in doubt, play the race card

16 minutes ago, Runnin_on_empty said:

How do you know that IU is passing him up. Maybe they want to see what he does this summer. Possibly they have other recruits in front of him on their board. Maybe he doesn't fit the system. Maybe Archie doesn't want to deal with the headaches he brings with him. There could be any number of reasons why Archie hasn't reached out and your statements are uncalled for. So take the race card and take a hike.

Exactly he looked great in that game. Muncie Central wasn't that great either especially defensively. Not saying he isn't good but that's 1 game not to mention he is known as being a chucker that isn't willing to play off the ball. He has left teams in the past if he wasn't the point guard.

I think he did pretty good, I don't know his stats from out there, I was told he really liked it there and it was a hard decision for him to return to North Side. I heard they really wanted him to stay as  there starting point guard. But if you compare him to the state school players in Indiana he is at the top! As a sophomore he was the 6th leading scorer in 4A, even in front of Mr. Basketball Kyle Guy. There is no question that the boy can play, the real question here is why he is getting by passed,when lesser players are not! I hear things about him moving around and I've mentioned it before that the Blackmon's moved from Marion schools to Blackhawk, to Luers, to Marion, back to Luers then back to Marion again. Also all of them have been held back at least one time if not more, so why do they get a pass but not Boucher! There is also the question about his dad, I asked his dad about his background, and from what I can see he has been a teacher for approx 30 years and has no bad record that I could find. He told me that he has only had one speeding ticket in his entire life and he is 56 or 57 years old. He and his wife have been married for 34 years. I know most of the kids being recruited in the state would be lucky to have parents like the Boucher's!

There are some good points mentioned, and I guess I shouldn't say that IU has passed on him. I should of said Crean, I have not talked with Austin or his family since Archie became the head coach. He may of already made contact with Austin!