Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Right, we need all players to buy in. If we can bring McD's AA or experienced talent off the bench we're in good shape.

In 2018 if we somehow land Garland and/or Langford we could see this happening.

Can't see this happening with Romeo. He could start anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Or experienced talent off the bench, i.e. Jones, Green,

Moses Brown was the C that Crean and Martin were chasing. Only one I know.

Keldon Johnson was the SG from Huntington Prep we were going after.

I looked over 2018 class. Not a lot of familiar names. Surprisingly, many are committed already. Not a ton of Cs yet. The LaLu center is decently ranked.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes. Expected. And fantastic.

One of the reasons for the board excitement is that, contrary to what other fanbases might currently perceive, Indiana University; the campus, the fanbase, the tradition, the conference, and the facilities, DOES still recruit itself.

I am of the belief that Chuck Martin was a very good recruiter and that Tom Crean appealed to some high-level recruits now and then, but far, far too often, Tom Crean as the deal closer was a far too over-eager and unnatural personality to close the deal. Not just with recruits and their families, but also, and importantly, with AAU and high school coaches. Additionally, players talk among themselves, and Tom Crean's personality quirks undoubtedly were resonating from the team, out to recruits.

Even with those dynamics, IU under Tom Crean routinely (though not always) got top 25 recruiting classes.

Now, with Archie, who by ALL accounts has an impeccable reputation, makes a solid first impression, and moreover makes an even better impression the more one is exposed to him?

Look out.

Also Archie has a plan for recruiting unlike Crean who just threw a net of offers out there without a plan of how to attack recruiting. 

I know most of our fanbase is frothing over an opportunity to land Langford. I know that I am, but I refuse to let myself get so wrapped up like I was during the coaches search and the whole BD ordeal. Looking beyond Romeo, there are so many recruits around this state that would make huge impacts on our program. Living here in SouInd I want to sometimes throat punch the Louisville media who cater to the UofL and UK hype. They mock and laugh at the thought at even a chance of signing a player of Langford's caliber. First off, UK doesn't stand a chance. The family are not fans of Calapari, and exactly what is Slick Rick's record with one and done players? When is the last time he even signed a 5* player? I think it may be a Duke pull with IU a second choice. Let's go out and get Jallow, Phinisee and a butt load of other 4* who will stick around a while and start to building a year in/year out contender.

I know most of our fanbase is frothing over an opportunity to land Langford. I know that I am, but I refuse to let myself get so wrapped up like I was during the coaches search and the whole BD ordeal. Looking beyond Romeo, there are so many recruits around this state that would make huge impacts on our program. Living here in SouInd I want to sometimes throat punch the Louisville media who cater to the UofL and UK hype. They mock and laugh at the thought at even a chance of signing a player of Langford's caliber. First off, UK doesn't stand a chance. The family are not fans of Calapari, and exactly what is Slick Rick's record with one and done players? When is the last time he even signed a 5* player? I think it may be a Duke pull with IU a second choice. Let's go out and get Jallow, Phinisee and a butt load of other 4* who will stick around a while and start to building a year in/year out contender.

VJ king last year was a 5 star kid for Pitino and Malik Williams this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

VJ king last year was a 5 star kid for Pitino and Malik Williams this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yup he doesn't get them often, but he does get the occasional one. What I don't get is how he gets any of them, take VJ for example he played like 8 min a game and didn't do anything. You don't seem to really do any good for Pitino until you're at least a junior.

We could also land those 5* recruits that don't plan on being an OAD. That along with getting those four year 3* and 4* recruits will be what elevates IU into a constant B1G contender and a threat to win a natty.