Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

With Moore recommitting to Archie and the Hoosiers our 2017 class looks sets. There should be two other current Hoosiers that won't be on the roster next season. After the 2017-2018 we should be losing Blackmon Jr., Johnson, Newkirk, McSwain, Hartman, Priller, and possibly Bryant. Our roster should look something like

Senior: Morgan

Juniors: Gelon, Green, Jones, Davis

Sophomore: Durham, Smith, Moore

That leaves 5 open roster spots for Archie's first true recruiting class. What positions do you see us going after? Who would you like to see in this recruiting class?

In an ideal world? Obviously Romeo. We'll also need a true PG. We probably can't get both Garland and Phinisee, but either one would make me very happy. Then Jallow and a big and I'd be happy as a clam.

We definitely need PG and a post player. Those are the true must haves.

Point Guard:
Green could be given the keys for his last two seasons but I'd pickup another point to learn under him or play in the backcourt with him. Phinisee would be that point. If we land Garland that would obviously be a great get.

Shooting Guard: if we could land Romeo that would be a statement across college basketball. If not I think we roll with what we have for a year in Jones, Gelon, and Durham.

Small Forward: we need depth on the wing with Morgan graduating and Smith being the only true wing. Jallow, in state, would be a solid get as well as Easley to play for a few years behind smith.

Power Forward:
Morgan will be graduating and hopefully Moore will have added weight. Adding another post will be important in this class.

Center:
Davis should have this locked down but adding a big to back him up and take over is a need.

PG, SF, PF, and C are where we should focus. Pap what say you on who we're in on early?

I want a true center that can backup Davis and then take over once he's gone. I want 2-3 guards, with one being a four year guy and one or two being 5 star talents that can come in and start right away. Then to round it out I want a wing or two that can add length and athleticism. 

I know that doesn't exactly add up to 5, but I'll have to see how the team looks next year before deciding on specifics. I know I want a good mix of 5/high 4 star talent and 4 year players though. 

PG- Phinisee or Garland
SG- Langford
SF/PF-Jallow sounds good
C- a big large imposing player. A shot blocker.

Probably a 4 man class

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thinking it'll be a 4 man class unless one of the 8 players expected to return doesn't then it could be a 5 man class.

Are we in on any top 2018 bigs?

Garland, Langford, Phinese please

Really want Phinese to be ok with limited minutes freshman year with the plan to take over sophomore year. Love experience at PG over pure talent. Obviously talent helps

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Garland, Langford, Phinese please

Really want Phinese to be ok with limited minutes freshman year with the plan to take over sophomore year. Love experience at PG over pure talent. Obviously talent helps

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Would Phinisee be playing over a senior Green or alongside him? I want to see us land talent that would be willing to play a limited role their first year or two.

33 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would Phinisee be playing over a senior Green or alongside him? I want to see us land talent that would be willing to play a limited role their first year or two.

Or talent that's just so darn good they truly earn the starting position as a freshman.

Or talent that's just so darn good they truly earn the starting position as a freshman.

That too. We need a mix of both. We also need the one that loses the starting position to be willing to play a secondary role and understand he's just an injury away from being a big contributor.

PG- I think Phinisee has to be our guy here. Garland would be great, but Phinisee is a 4 year player. Could be the next coming of Yogi. I like that idea

SG- The obvious answer is Langford, but I'm not sure about our chances. I'll go with Hunter. Not a bad back up plan at all.

SF- Jallow. This guy is a beast and the perfect player for Archie's system. Yes please. 

C- Haven't heard many names we're in on here, but we need one bad. Hopefully we can sell playing time once TB leaves.

That too. We need a mix of both. We also need the one that loses the starting position to be willing to play a secondary role and understand he's just an injury away from being a big contributor.

Just sell them on getting starters minutes without starting. I would show them tape of Zack Collins who didn't start for Gonzaga as a McDonald's All-American and now will probably be a lottery pick

Just sell them on getting starters minutes without starting. I would show them tape of Zack Collins who didn't start for Gonzaga as a McDonald's All-American and now will probably be a lottery pick

Right, we need all players to buy in. If we can bring McD's AA or experienced talent off the bench we're in good shape.

In 2018 if we somehow land Garland and/or Langford we could see this happening.

Right, we need all players to buy in. If we can bring McD's AA or experienced talent off the bench we're in good shape.

In 2018 if we somehow land Garland and/or Langford we could see this happening.

Can't see this happening with Romeo. He could start anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

PG- I think Phinisee has to be our guy here. Garland would be great, but Phinisee is a 4 year player. Could be the next coming of Yogi. I like that idea
SG- The obvious answer is Langford, but I'm not sure about our chances. I'll go with Hunter. Not a bad back up plan at all.
SF- Jallow. This guy is a beast and the perfect player for Archie's system. Yes please. 
C- Haven't heard many names we're in on here, but we need one bad. Hopefully we can sell playing time once TB leaves.

We need to start looking at C Franklin Agunanne up at La Lumeire. I think he is a 4* now

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app