Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBASE vs Minnesota - Easter Weekend

Maybe a picture of Big Ted Kluszewski will bring us some luck for this Easter weekend series against Minnesota.

51-Cjhb8+bL.jpg

Indiana begins a stretch with four of its next five weekend series at home with a three-game set against first place Minnesota this weekend at Bart Kaufman Field. The Golden Gophers come to Bloomington with a 6-0 Big Ten record and an 11-game winning streak. 

Friday night at 6:05 ET - Stiever scheduled to pitch

Saturday at 2:05 ET - Hobbie scheduled to pitch

Sunday at 1:05 ET - Milto scheduled to pitch

Stats - Live

Radio

All 3 games televised on BTN2Go

Wish sidearmsports could do something with their live stat screen.  Too many schools with red or a variation thereof as their primary color and if you don't highlight the names on the screen you can't tell who's in the field and who's at bat.  Yes, it's an old man's rant who's cranky because he didn't get his afternoon nap.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:23 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Easy to criticize from the vantage point of my keyboard, but why didn't Lemonis pull Stiever after the Vavra home run or at the very least after the next batter singled?  

Who we gonna put in? Lemonis is supposed to be a recruiter but we don't have much help..

As someone who's worked around Baseball players and learned from some coaches I can promise Lemonis is recruiting the right guys and doing a good job there.

However, he's just not properly developing the talent. Guys like Fineman, Dedelow, and Sowers are very talented but very poorly coached. Same problem with some of our young pitchers. These are guys that under Tracy Smith would be top 10 rd picks and developed correctly instead of struggling mightly. Smith was an excellent recruiter but more than anything he also knew how do develop players to their potential.

Lemonis' issue is he can recruit the right guys but doesn't know how to develop their talents correctly. Lemonis is looking very much like Crean who was bringing in high level players (Blackmon, Bryant etc) but not developing them correctly.

Hiring an assistant is always a risk but can be golden. Dan McDonnell at Louisville had not been a head coach a day in his life before Louisville and has thrived there after being Mississippi State's top assistant. Unfortunately, his top assistant in Lemonis is not doing the same. Hiring an assistant is a risk that can either be fantastic or failure but you never know and in this case it looks like its not working.   

I have done my part to alert some boosters of Lemonis' issues they were unaware of and I hope they will pay more attention like they say and it will lead to some change if program keeps heading in this direction.

As I said at Purdue last week a full stadium was a shock to them vs. at IU its a regular occurrence most weekends (we are only Big Ten Team besides Nebraska to be in top 40 in attendance each yr since new park opened I believe). I'd like that to stay a regular occurrence that we play in front of a full stadium usually but games like this will drive people away fast.

This series shows talent is not an issue as I said before since we just took 2 of 3 from 1st place team. Execution is the issue as is the in game focus and decision making. Time to make Milto our Friday starter who has clearly been our best pitcher in conference play all 4 weekends. Your best pitcher starts on Friday not Sunday.