Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

Think what you will but his entire bio on their website is all about football. He might have dabbled in basketball from time to time but he is a football guy through and through.
http://www.ignitionapg.com/index.php/about-ignition/our-staff-2/clif-marshall/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Think what you will but he was also a consultant with two college programs and helped the S&C coach set up programs at another. It seems like you're trying to find any excuse to complain about this.

Think what you will but his entire bio on their website is all about football. He might have dabbled in basketball from time to time but he is a football guy through and through.
http://www.ignitionapg.com/index.php/about-ignition/our-staff-2/clif-marshall/

It is fair to question. It does appear he has more more work with football players than other sports. But does that make him a "football guy"? I don't really know that answer. I like the guy's experience. And with CAM's other staff hires being as good as promised, his judgment seems very solid. I stand by the opinion that any quality S&C coach knows enough in terms of biomechanics and sport science to train different sports, regardless of background. S&C coaches have to adapt to the individual needs of every player on the team, which IMO is much harder than learning to coach a new sport for strength. I am not worried about Marshall's competence. My only worry is if a pro sports opportunity comes along...but if that happens it will be because he is kicking @$$ here!

Guys Archie has worked with him before when Clif was a consultant to Dayton's S&C program. I think he knows what he's getting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

100% agree. Glad this happened after both of us were hyping him up for a period of time. Kinda lost hope and then the announcement hit lol. Archie is assembling one of the best staffs that only his brother and Duke can truly say is better.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

For anyone that was concerned about Marshall being more of a football guy, at around 1:50 he starts talking about similarities and differences between training football players and basketball players. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1333495460068363&id=300744626676790

For anyone that was concerned about Marshall being more of a football guy, at around 1:50 he starts talking about similarities and differences between training football players and basketball players. 
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1333495460068363&id=300744626676790

Yes, that was me and remain so. Doesn't mean he can't do a great job, he just has focused primarily on football player development throughout his career. There are plenty that have focused on basketball player development throughout their careers and figured we would have snagged one of those

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Yes, that was me and remain so. Doesn't mean he can't do a great job, he just has focused primarily on football player development throughout his career. There are plenty that have focused on basketball player development throughout their careers and figured we would have snagged one of those

I'd rather have a better quality guy that has to change his focus than have a lower quality guy who has devote his life to one thing.