Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

With IUs luck, we will give a kid $500 dollars to come to IU, and the NCAA will hit us with the death penalty.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

That isn't what I'd call luck. If IU were to pay a player they would deserve punishment. No, I don't care if other places do it or not.

58 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah private schools poach players EVERYWHERE, including here in Fort Wayne.

The public school coaches hate the process as they naturally would. It's just a fact of life and athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Literally have to recruit our own kids to stay at their home school anymore. It's ridiculous. 

Success brings plenty of hate sadly. Heck Southwood was an okay school and then we poached Marion's PG and made it to semi state to get beat by Yogi and Schilling. It happens EVERYWHERE. La Lumiere does it as well.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. Huntington North does it too against Homestead and Canterbury due to being able to choose based on location and we still suck. When I was in high school there was a RB that was a D1 level talent that his family moved from Texas due to his dad getting a job. I will say where they moved came down to offense and game plan being geared around their son. I honestly didn't think it was shady, but a family being sure of a situation they were moving into. Our football team was actually decent that year. Doesn't happen often.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Does anybody know if he is planning on keeping any of the current coaches? If I were CAM I would not have the strength coach on the bench yes he is part of the staff but he is not an assistant. 

I'd say he won't be keeping them.

I don't have access but "big-time strength and conditioning coach" seems to describe the guy that was named on here yesterday. 

Honestly I dont know who I am more excited for, Schilling or Marshall. Marshall has worked with ALL PRO players at the NFL level. You don't get that in college very much. Maybe a Head Coach possibly. IU will be lucky to have both.

Yep. Huntington North does it too against Homestead and Canterbury due to being able to choose based on location and we still suck. When I was in high school there was a RB that was a D1 level talent that his family moved from Texas due to his dad getting a job. I will say where they moved came down to offense and game plan being geared around their son. I honestly didn't think it was shady, but a family being sure of a situation they were moving into. Our football team was actually decent that year. Doesn't happen often.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Huntington North used to be good in my years in High School. 04-08. Had Chris Kramer. To your point though it seems like the mid level schools seem to be the ones doing it and seeing if it goes okay. If so they turn into a big program and if not you take the few good years. No harm no foul.

16 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Honestly I dont know who I am more excited for, Schilling or Marshall. Marshall has worked with ALL PRO players at the NFL level. You don't get that in college very much. Maybe a Head Coach possibly. IU will be lucky to have both.

It would be huge if we got Marshall. He probably wouldn't be here for very long, but it would be great to have a guy with his experience to sell to recruits during the first couple years when Archie is trying to get things rolling. 

22 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

That is what we all are assuming and have seen but is that actually what he put in the article? No Cromer or Elston?

We have a pic of Cromer in an IU shirt at an IU practice. Safe bet for him 

2 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Does anybody know if he is planning on keeping any of the current coaches? If I were CAM I would not have the strength coach on the bench yes he is part of the staff but he is not an assistant. 

Based on what APPEARS to be the situation, Elston may be the only holdover.  It appears everyone else under FCTC is now merely a footnote in IU basketball history.

47 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Based on what APPEARS to be the situation, Elston may be the only holdover.  It appears everyone else under FCTC is now merely a footnote in IU basketball history.

If Elston does indeed stay, how awesome would an interview be with him after the first season with CAM. Just a compare/contrast of how things were done from an insider's point of view between the 2 coaches.

No, I don't mean a bash fest of FCTC either ladies and gents.

22 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Besides David Grace, Schilling was responsible for mostly all of UCLA's kids. Which is a bunch of highly ranked kids. I will not give anyone credit for the Ball's but USC was a contender. They wanted to be in LA. Plain and simple.

It seems like big bro and Calipari have been pretty good references for these guys. Schilling worked with Cal at Umass and Nets as well. I just want our staff to finally be announced so we can get these guys on the road.

22 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Besides David Grace, Schilling was responsible for mostly all of UCLA's kids. Which is a bunch of highly ranked kids. I will not give anyone credit for the Ball's but USC was a contender. They wanted to be in LA. Plain and simple.

It seems like big bro and Calipari have been pretty good references for these guys. Schilling worked with Cal at Umass and Nets as well. I just want our staff to finally be announced so we can get these guys on the road.

I recall when Crean was hired he delayed hiring his staff, or at least Seltzer I think, so that they could recruit without NCAA restrictions for a couple weeks. 

I recall when Crean was hired he delayed hiring his staff, or at least Seltzer I think, so that they could recruit without NCAA restrictions for a couple weeks. 

If true that is actually really smart!! Touche Tommy