Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We wouldn't have a roster spot for him. 

People are soooo against Creaning till they see 5 stars

Since I was the one who suggested this, I'll respond. I wouldn't push anyone out for Tilmon. But we have a lot of roster uncertainty right now. We have three potential players who could declare and two recruits who have asked out of their NLI. If the roster moves work out that we have all 13 spots filled, then no Tilmon. If Bryant leaves and we have 12, then yes I'd want Tilmon. Next time maybe ask before you assume?

Edited by ramadden13

20 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I honestly think you don't get it.   No offense, but you don't.   You were probably one of those guys 100% behind Mike Davis, too.  Until he proved you wrong.   And Sampson.  And Crean. We're all behind him.  We all want to win.  But I think there's a formula, and I think Indiana's coaches have deviated from it to their detriment.

I honestly think Indiana is a unique and special place with expectations and aspirations which should be far higher than they've been for 17+ seasons.   Mike Davis said in his first year that we "should go 3-3 through this 6 game stretch."   Is that okay here?   He recruited south.  He avoided what Indiana had always been.   And lost his job quickly once he had "his own players."  Help is on the way.  Yeah.  Sure it is.   Sampson did what Sampson did, and they had to bring in an IU guy to clean it up because the program had become unrecognizable.  I think Dakich was the perfect temporary hire for that reason alone.  Crean, about year 5, focused east, kept looking for that kid everyone missed (while missing on countless local kids), hired a #1 assistant from New Jersey, and avoided many local kids and coaches.  (Elston was someone for whom he did a favor.  Elston had no experience)  He had a team that couldn't guard or get consistent shots offensively.  He lost his job.  What is it you think?  We're just like everyone else, and can do it like....Illinois does it? Like Iowa State?  Like Colorado?  No.  We can't.  Not if we have high expectations.  

I couldn't care less what 15-17 year old kids think.  I care what a coach can make them believe.  What a coach can sell to that kid....'you're coming to a place where you will be held to the highest of standards, and you'll be expected to win, be an example, go to class, play defense, and make your team better."  That's Indiana.   Well, it's now Butler.  Without enough size to win nationally.  If Indiana simply gets back to playing that way, with the talent you can go get around here, Indiana will be in the conversation every year.  And yeah.  I think a former player can sell the culture better than anyone.   We're either Indiana or we're Illinois.  Which is it?

Indiana, and it's time we started acting like it again.

20 hours ago, indy317219 said:

Nonsense- bloviating nonsense. Better understand how to deal with millenials because they aren't going away. It's not about the Indiana way it's about them.

I think millenials have passed. If not now, then soon recruits will be generation Z and I think they're coming back towards the pack.

2 hours ago, ramadden13 said:

Since I was the one who suggested this, I'll respond. I wouldn't push anyone out for Tilmon. But we have a lot of roster uncertainty right now. We have three potential players who could declare and two recruits who have asked out of their NLI. If the roster moves work out that we have all 13 spots filled, then no Tilmon. If Bryant leaves and we have 12, then yes I'd want Tilmon. Next time maybe ask before you assume?

We are not going to have open roster spots you can play the hypothetical game all you want

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We are not going to have open roster spots you can play the hypothetical game all you want

That's an optimistic view; I hope it works out that way. But can you please not imply things about me given that you've never met me? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

It seems to me...
that if Drew Adams becomes our third assistant coach, that Robert Phinisee will be that much more likely to be a Hoosier.
Just sayin'.

We need him as a coach now! Really want that kid,

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It seems to me...

that if Drew Adams becomes our third assistant coach, that Robert Phinisee will be that much more likely to be a Hoosier.

Just sayin'.

I think the same can be said if Michael Lewis becomes our 3rd then Eric Hunter would sign with us. He has either already visited or will visit Nebraska. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the same can be said if Michael Lewis becomes our 3rd then Eric Hunter would sign with us. He has either already visited or will visit Nebraska. 

WInner either way...decisions for Archie.

But jimminy christmas...if that's the way to go then we should flat-out hire Chris Hawkins as the third assistant or the director of player development so that we can have that EG 10 all-stars/Romeo Langford connection!

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It seems to me...

Just sayin'.

What is the connection?