Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

3 minutes ago, Oladipo said:

I agree but IUs had more than a couple anomalies the past two years

How are you supporting this conclusion? I don't believe you can. Both JBJ and Hartman previously had knee injuries.

How are you supporting this conclusion? I don't believe you can. Both JBJ and Hartman previously had knee injuries.

Rob Johnson in the tournament last year, OG this year. Juwan's never not been banged up with something. And JBJ and Hartman, not anomalies ig but injuries nonetheless. I'm sure I'm missing another injured player over the last 2 years.

10 hours ago, Sam_Boger said:

Won't Groce just bolt as soon as he can get a head coaching job? Would it be better to get an assistant that might stay more long term?

Having Groce on staff even for just this year would be greatly beneficial to Archie. He obviously has coached against every B1G team, he has recruited the area well and has ties to the state. Yes he would likely be on borrowed time but it would be good for both parties if he were to be an assistant with Archie for a year or two. 

Can't help it but I am waiting impatiently on assistant coaching news. Any Groce news? Now that the NCAA Tourney is over --would expect this to pick up quickly. I am ready to fill out the staff and get ready for battle. After watching the championship last night I've got the fever--I want to see us back there. New coach and a new day for IU BBall--we have hope again!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Groce will be the guy if he doesn't get the Akron job. He will recruit the state of Indiana. He was the lead man on the Conley, Oden signings for OSU. If he does get the job than Michael Lewis is very likely to get the job and recruit the state. 

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Groce will be the guy if he doesn't get the Akron job. He will recruit the state of Indiana. He was the lead man on the Conley, Oden signings for OSU. If he does get the job than Michael Lewis is very likely to get the job and recruit the state. 

29 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

How do you know that Lewis is "in the running" if Groce doesn't get it? I assume that's what you meant?

His statement was correct... "the job" is the HC job at Akron... IF Groce ges the Akron job, then he's saying that Lewis will get the IU assistant job.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

His statement was correct... "the job" is the HC job at Akron... IF Groce ges the Akron job, then he's saying that Lewis will get the IU assistant job.

Where is this Lewis stuff coming from? Havent seen his name mentioned until recently

If it gets down to picking an IU guy, my preference is Michael Lewis over Calbert.   (Actually my true preference is Fife but I know that isn't happening.)   Can't give you specific reasons why, it's just a gut feel that Michael would be the better choice but Calbert on the bench is perfectly OK if that's who CAM wants.  Bottom line it's who CAM feels most comfortable with and who will be the most helpful to the program he wants to implement.  Really feeling excited for IU basketball again.

19 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Where is this Lewis stuff coming from? Havent seen his name mentioned until recently

He is an "Indiana guy" who recruits the state well. Did so at Butler and has already got Hunter to visit Nebraska so I think he could help. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He is an "Indiana guy" who recruits the state well. Did so at Butler and has already got Hunter to visit Nebraska so I think he could help. 

Yeah but where is it said that he will be taking an assistant position if Groce doesn't? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Just now, VO5 said:

Yeah but where is it said that he will be taking an assistant position if Groce doesn't? Or is that just wishful thinking?

It's just my belief that he would be next in line.