Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

From the press availability today:

Reporter: "Juwan, I know it's early, but what's the biggest difference from a year ago that the fans are gonna notice right away at the start of the season?"

Juwan Morgan, pauses, gets a serious look on his face, and then says "I feel like there won't be any questions of leadership at all."

BULLSEYE.

That is a really good answer. I like his thought process. Hope he is right.

That is a really good answer. I like his thought process. Hope he is right.

He and Newkirk seemed to be the only players who hadn't mailed it in by last season's end.Without the misguided favoritism from the previous staff I could see both taking leadership roles.I really felt like Josh took a major step in that direction and Morgan was the best all around player on the team.

Regardless of if CAM hired Flint for his East coast connections moving forward he will be a big part of recruiting the state of Indiana. If you want to "lock down the state" you have to in CAMs own words overwhelm them and be relentless to know that one of Indiana sons are in good hands. One specific assistant coach isn't going to do that. The whole staff has to buy into CAMs ultimate plan of insideout recruiting. I can tell you that every in state recruit has mentioned Flint by name as keeping in touch. Flint was the one pushing RP to commit early. When they first got hired the whole staff went on a high school tour and visited with coaches to form relationships. So maybe he was hired for his east Coast ties just like Ostrom might of been hired for his Minnesota ties but everyone's first priority will be Indiana kids. CAM sold them that vision and they bought in and agreed to join the his staff

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't see a problem with bringing in a guy for his east coast ties. From what I remember reading, Bruiser seems to be a very personable guy that recruits love. We need people like that on the coaching staff. I don't think his job is to only go after east coast guys, it's just useful to have someone with those ties in the event that there's an east coast player that you really want to go after. 

1 hour ago, taco corp said:

Thought I would bump this thread back up, since it looks like as Hoosier fans we couldn’t be happier with the job that this group has done so far.

I’m estatic to have Archie and crew doing their thing. Great job so far coaching staff!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thank you for your contributions to Hoosier Guy's gut, taco corp.