Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

2 hours ago, opiej said:

I think it's a new position at IU but is it new to most high level college programs? Are we just that far behind in the recruiting game?

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

Curious if a new position is being created to keep Elston and Comar; one would be director of basketball operations and the other would fall into this new title.

Just now, LIHoosier said:

Curious if a new position is being created to keep Elston and Comar; one would be director of basketball operations and the other would fall into this new title.

No. Elston will remain in the same position he had last year as director of player development. Comar is the director of basketball operations.

Archie only talked about flint but after Paul and the other host talked about the others

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hmm. Maybe Archie can't officially say anything because there's some red tape to cut through with the others coming over from their previous jobs. I'm not sure how all of that works though.

Reach locally and nationally- staff has relationships in both areas. This years class minus Moore as he hasn't made up his mind, 4 players declaring "They had their mind made up prior to my hire so our responsibility is to gather info". First class since 2010 with no Top 50 players, importance of stringing back to back strong classes. ESPN crew said Indiana has had 7 top 100 players in last few years and none have chosen IU

9 minutes ago, jgries84 said:

Anyone else excited that Elston is staying. I've always liked him. Not the most gifted player but played hard and used his talent as best he could. Plus good head on his shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am. He knows what playing at IU entails and he's still young enough to relate to the players. He's a good guy for players to go to when they're struggling with the grind of college basketball. 

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Really excited about this coaching staff Archie has put together. Recruiting, in regards to locking down the state, will be great with this staff. Can't wait to see what they can do!

Is that really you Jaybob?

Really excited about this coaching staff Archie has put together. Recruiting, in regards to locking down the state, will be great with this staff. Can't wait to see what they can do!

Hope all is well Boob and little boob!